Google X Lab to unveil a "moonshot" later this year
0. phoneArena 12 Mar 2013, 15:01 posted on
Google's X Lab is sort of the focused incarnation of Larry Page's "iterate fast and break things" philosophy of development. The X Lab is where you find the most ambitious products, but also the most secretive, because failing is an important part of the process. Now, head of the X Lab, Astro Teller, has teased a new "moonshot" coming from the team later this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
well, google innovates so it could really be anything, it's really difficult to guess.
2. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
maybe some big laser gun that can shoot and destroy the moon (or asteroids). maybe google with all that money is going to take over the world and become Dr evil. just kidding..
13. Secondhead (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
and maybe google will make a system that can erase our memory and make us their worker with no paid
7. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
is it the computer from space Odyssey?
my friend called it halal 9000
9. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I think they already have that one.
they have travelled to the future and brought google glass from there
5. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The problem with google is that they don't need to focus on "innovation" yet they should focus on improvements in their existing products and services before moving onto new ones.
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
they focus on improvement of existing servicevices: Maps, Android, gmail, chrome nexus... hut hey you are here for the hate so I dont know if its even worth talking to you
10. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
they trying to create weapon that will take Mxzyp out of this world without anyone realizing that, as they got enough of him.
11. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
in fact they going to shoot him to the moon. from there the name moon shot
18. evarod48 (Posts: 130; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
they have thousands of employees that work on improving existing products, and they have plenty extra to work on new things
22. Zero0 (Posts: 561; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Innovation is their business. It is the alpha and the omega of Google's existence. If they stop innovating, they lose. They'll drop out of the forefront like so many tech companies before.
Google has enough resources to multi-task. They can simultaneously improve what they have _and_ come up with new things.
12. clevername (Posts: 1407; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
My guess is universal voice control for all our toys. PC, phones, tablets, tvs, car, stereo, etc. Sounds a little far fetched but I'd love to see an easy to integrate solution.
14. MartianMe (unregistered)
Nah I say they're working on robots for the army or domestic to help around the house.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
IWell my geuss have too be a google telescope
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
My guess will have too be a google telescope. Sorry my keyboard is screw up
19. doc3pac (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
maybe its google earth but for the moon and they wanna get the dark side photographed. maybe the term moonshot has absolutely nothing to do with the moon at all. only time will tell