Google Wallet headed to your physical wallet
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Nov 2012, 16:04
A leak of Google's upcoming Wallet app shows off massive changes, including person to person payments and the availability of a physical card that could be used in lieu of NFC...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Izzy_V posted on 01 Nov 2012, 16:18 8 0
Google has an answer to everything I swear lol. Not just that, the way they pull it off is very considerate of the customer. :)
3. Non_Sequitur posted on 01 Nov 2012, 16:53 1 0
Now, instead of begging my parents to get me a credit card, I can beg them to let me get this. Hahaha
4. Hammerfest posted on 01 Nov 2012, 17:47 4 5
What part of your life isnt infested by Google yet?
Dont worry, they are working on it...
Far be it from the above statement being a bad thing, I love the Google eco system... sure they "do loads of evil" from time to time, but as a whole, they provide far more then they take!
19. BomberXL posted on 04 Nov 2012, 23:45 0 0
oh yeah, because when you walk down the street you see more Google billboards than Apple billboards... or Google stores around... yeah, totally infesting everyone's lives... for sure
5. sum182 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 19:17 0 5
Cool idea but I'll never use it ... idk how many of you troll the depths of the internet but this is very insecure....just asking to get your card stolen
8. chronopc posted on 01 Nov 2012, 21:27 3 0
This is no less secure than using any other credit card. Are you promoting that everyone should just use cash?
16. sum182 posted on 02 Nov 2012, 07:37 0 1
Its just as insecure as any other card.....that uses WIRELESS payment. People just scan and boom, card stolen
17. chronopc posted on 02 Nov 2012, 11:12 1 0
I think you are confused. This is a physical credit card, so it's going to work just like any other credit. You have to swipe it to use it. Google Wallet using NFC is wireless, but even then it's not as easy to steal the information as you make it seem.
6. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 19:52 3 0
Watch Apple say they already patented that idea. lol
12. chronopc posted on 01 Nov 2012, 22:02 2 0
I find it funny they lost a law suit in Mexico over the name iPhone. Apparently there was a company called iFone that came out during 2004. iFone ftw. Lol
7. Mxyzptlk posted on 01 Nov 2012, 19:55 1 9
What the? I thought the point of Google Wallet was to not use a card. I don't think google knows what they want. then again NFC isn't really that big of a fuss.
9. chronopc posted on 01 Nov 2012, 21:30 3 0
NFC has more purposes than just Google Wallet. You can use it to quickly send things from phone to phone. It's quite awesome. I didn't think it was a big deal, but then I got it on my phone and I was very pleasantly surprised. Don't worry though, I'm sure the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 will get it and then you can hear Apple talk about how revolutionary NFC is.
11. protozeloz posted on 01 Nov 2012, 21:56 2 0
Yep NFC is awesome and the best part... will see apple back pedal and fanboys along with it
10. protozeloz posted on 01 Nov 2012, 21:55 2 0
Go away you have no clue what is this useful for or how do they plan on using it with detail, so go away!!! Also NFC is awesome but hey you hate it Cuz Google is doing it while you have to play tool and go lick on iPhone boots and pray its on the iPhone 6
18. GeekMovement posted on 02 Nov 2012, 12:57 0 0
Doesn't even know what's going on yet again.
15. spookytj posted on 02 Nov 2012, 07:02 0 0
I wonder if you will be able to load cash onto this card like a prepaid visa, that would truly make this a one stop shop