Google Wallet evolving past NFC and to the iPhone?
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2012, 20:55 posted on
It hasn't been too long since Google Wallet was updated to allow use of all types of credit/debit cards, and become far more secure. Even so, it looks like Google may be getting ready to overhaul the service, and bring it to competing platforms...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 864; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Yeah but when you go there and you already have the app on your phone it seems to be a moot point. I went there and it seems that if I have this app I was all good. Any one else go try this with the "app" already installed like the Sprint SGIII.
2. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I went on my Galaxy Nexus with Wallet installed and it gave me the "request invite" for the next version link.
3. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 864; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
OK I had to use the chrome browser, go to Google Wallet then it came up.
4. dreeemer (Posts: 27; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Installed on my Note. Now, need an actual place to USE it!
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Grab the PayPass Locator app and that will show a good amount of the places you can use it.
8. dreeemer (Posts: 27; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Just figured out the Note isn't compatible with google wallet. Any idea what payment app is?
5. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
just did it and it has accepted the request. though non US countries are not supported as if now but I think Google is planning to launch Wallet in other countries pretty soon.
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Good point, I'll add that to the article