Google Translate for Android gets significant upgrade
0. phoneArena 09 Aug 2012, 09:58 posted on
Google Translate has been updated with improved handwriting recognition, and integration with the camera so users can translate signs, product labels, and other forms of print...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Can't wait 'till this comes to iOS!! :D
4. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
it'll come sooner than you think...
people here think google hates apple like they do...smh lol
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 3086; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Tried it on my gingerbread phone. Very impress with its camera, snap and translate very good tool for oversea travel.
3. tedkord (Posts: 5088; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I seen to recall an iOS app that translated on the fly. If you put text in the field of view of the camera, it read translated on your screen. I mean it changed it live. So if you held it up to a stop sign in English, and it was set to translate to Spanish, on your screen you'd see the same stop sign, but instead of stop it would say alto.
Or am I just remembering wrong?
5. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
You're right. Its an app called "Word Lens". It used to be iOS only, but a quick search revealed its now in the Google Play Store for $4.99 but they're is a demo version. Pretty good app.
8. -box- (Posts: 3854; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Windows Phone has had this for a while with Translator (Bing-powered)... Good to see Google getting it, too