Google Search app updated with Google Now and Voice action improvements
11. jroc74 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:10 1
They should, seeing all the money they make on Android devices. MS should really just give up the mobile phone race and make money off Android like they already are.
13. lyndon420 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:19 2
That would be so awesome due to the nature of some of these cut-throat companies today. But...competition is important to keep the innovative bloods flowing. Also helps to keep some pricing down.
3. wassup posted on 05 Dec 2012, 16:55 4
this just keeps getting better and better... google, never stop innovating so that the bitten one and the 4 paned ones can try and catch up leading to a better experience for all :D
4. PapaSmurf posted on 05 Dec 2012, 16:55 5
Ok. So I tried the "What's this song?" command and Google perfectly answered all 10 songs I threw at it. Thanks for the update Google! :)
7. JGuinan007 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 18:11 0
That is great too bad only 58 devices run android 4.1. Google should have made Google now avalible to 4.0 at the very least. Most ICS devices can run it if they side load the APK. So why won't the play store alow it to be downloaded to versions below 4.1?
14. MichaelHeller posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:56 1
The more older versions Google ports this stuff to, the less incentive manufacturers have to update phones.
18. JGuinan007 posted on 07 Dec 2012, 10:19 0
Manufacturers have little incentive to update phones anyway they drag their feet then carriers drag even more they always want people to but the newest device. The reason Google should update is more ad data and personal ads wich in turns makes Google more $, having Gnow on 397 devices is alot better than 58 devices. Not to mention keeping android cust happier.
19. MichaelHeller posted on 07 Dec 2012, 10:30 0
Google is getting the ad data anyway, Google Now is just putting that data to use for users.
17. squallz506 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 21:10 0
Google now was released on 4.1 I don't think 4.0 will ever have it.
9. lzsbleach posted on 05 Dec 2012, 18:37 1
Whats this song feature is nice, it got every song I played.
12. jroc74 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:13 2
Like I said before...Google Now is my new favorite toy...lol.
15. ama3654 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 20:26 0
awesome, how do you use the whats this song feature?, cant seem to get it right
16. parkwaydr posted on 05 Dec 2012, 20:53 2
Google now is the thing I love most about my gnex use it for everything.and its quit impressive how accurate it is. Been using nothing but voice for texting the last few days and haven't had one slip up.