Google Play store gift cards might be right around the corner, photos emerge
1. geesanut (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Yahoo!,(remember them) like you said it's about time. Unless they were thinking apple may have said they copied gift cards for shopping! Everyone doesn't always want to have their credit cards used for everything. also what about the people who don't have 1. Would make it so much eaiser without having to compromise your info being stored to all these companies. Now maybe more people may purchase apps.
2. WinC76 (Posts: 55; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Finally, I will be able to buy apps!
3. hafizhfp (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Hopefully, this Google gift cards is easy to get around the world. If so, i'll buy the card, and buy that "great" paid-apps.
6. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Surprised Google didn't do this earlier. If someone's teen has an android phone how did Google expect them to buy stuff? It's not a good idea to give your kids your ccn.
12. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
My parents trust me with thier ccn. But I would never be dumb enough to waste their money as I know if i did I would probably not get a new phone/ tablet untill I am workong for my own money.
7. downphoenix (Posts: 2393; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
As forward thinking as Google usually is, this is one aspect they were FAR behind Apple on. Glad to see they caught up with the times here.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
It would be better of they sell worldwide.... not just US
13. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 393; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Same here! I've wanted this for so long! (BTW! Sorry voting you down. That was an accident! Big thumbs)
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 1783; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yup...finally. Maybe now we will see more paid apps being bought.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5638; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is a natural step in Google's campaign of consumable domination.
it would be cool if the cards were scanable by a barcode scanner that Google integrates into the Play Store app. i hate having to scratch the grey stuff off of cards and put in those 16-20 digit codes. :P
11. downphoenix (Posts: 2393; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Its understandable why they would require the scratching and such, but maybe an app that allows you to take a picture of the digits to input them? Would be slightly less annoying.
14. Savage (unregistered)
I hope this is not only a US-only thing. I'd love to buy all the paid-apps I fancied at last!