Google Play store executive steps down
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Mar 2012, 01:16
The lead executive of Android's Google Play store, Eric Chu, has quit his position according to TechCrunch, and has been replaced by Android's digital content lead and key Google Music employee Jamie Rosenberg; Chu is expected to be given a new position at Google...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Mar 2012, 00:26 5 9
yeah, i hope he was "reassigned" because of the mistake he's made with the Google Play idea.
5. remixfa posted on 11 Mar 2012, 03:43 12 2
what mistake? its just a cohesive rebranding. Its not like anything actually changed.
6. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Mar 2012, 06:10 5 4
the complete obliteration of a well developed brand is the mistake i was referring to. the next thing they'll do is rename Maps to Play Maps. -.-
8. protozeloz posted on 11 Mar 2012, 11:09 1 0
would you please play me the directions of the nearest restaurant?
11. cellgeek82 posted on 11 Mar 2012, 13:43 3 0
Here are your directions:
Italian - Mario theme
Fast Food - Sonic the Hedgehog theme
Steakhouse - Country
Chinese - Chinese
Mexican - Mexican
American - 'I'm Fat' by Wierd Al....LOL!
16. remixfa posted on 12 Mar 2012, 07:14 0 0
i didnt really think it was all that important. maybe they have some big plans down the line or something. I thought the way it was, was fine. Isnt saying "google" infront of everything branding? lol it sure worked for me. hey another "google" app, ill just DL and see what it is!.
2. theBankRobber posted on 11 Mar 2012, 00:50 11 1
I hate the fact Google doesn't advertise the store on commercials. I say LEAVE IT GOOGLE MARKET. Its bad enough people didn't even know what the Android Market was and now they change the name which is even more confusing because its just called 'Google Play'.
3. Bluesky02 posted on 11 Mar 2012, 01:48 17 0
Agree, from Android Market to Google Play Store.
Play will make you think about stuff like music and movies, not necessarily about Apps.
Google Store or Google Market would have been better.
4. KParks23 posted on 11 Mar 2012, 03:21 10 0
Yea google store or google app market would be best.. I do like the new logo tho but play store is borderline retarded..
9. tedkord posted on 11 Mar 2012, 11:53 0 0
Yeah, but we all know that if they used either "app" or "store" in the name, all the Apple faithful would have started crying about Google copying. Hell, if Amazon hadn't already smacked Apple in court over the name "App Store", Apple would probably sue over either word. Still might.
12. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Mar 2012, 17:20 0 0
yeah, if they got an "iMarket" i'm sure we'd give them hell. :P
7. catt4u posted on 11 Mar 2012, 09:46 2 0
To generate far more income from the Play Market, Google should see to it that Android users outside the US can buy music, movies and all apps ;)
And when they're at it, add GDrive at the same time!
10. rock9900 posted on 11 Mar 2012, 13:24 6 1
Switch back to Android Market now before mistake gets bigger
13. InspectorGadget80 posted on 11 Mar 2012, 18:05 5 1
I dislike the new name. They should of kept the name ANDROID MARKET
14. kanagadeepan posted on 12 Mar 2012, 02:09 1 0
Though I can understand "What is in a name", but the name "PLAY" is too childish in my humble opinion... I am android fan, using Cap.Glide, the new icon is OK, but NOT the name... It will be even better if the name was "Google Store" than "Play Store", tmho...
15. bluenexus posted on 12 Mar 2012, 04:14 2 0
I found it very unwise to change the name to Google Play, a bad move by the guy in charge. The previous name was clearly better in a rhetorical sense. This has caused criticism and dislikes from dedicated android fans who expected something better.