Google Play Store sees whooping 137% increase in revenue in the first 7 months of 2012
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2012, 09:13 posted on
It looks like the habits of Android users are beginning to change and they are now starting to pay for the stuff they are using. This change is indicated by the increase of revenue for the Google Play Store, which has been pretty substantial so far this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Aeires (unregistered)
Seriously, why did the article need a negative slant thrown in? I pay for apps also, and I've purchased easily $200+ worth these past few years.
5. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1524; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Because it was written by Ray S. who has a very negative view on the Android ecosystems and loves his iPhone.
And on a side note: I have only sideloaded one or two appications and that was cause they were not available on the market at the time, not a cuestion of saving $5.
10. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
go tou your little fruit phone you fruit machine
21. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Play Store deserves all the credit and Google is doing a fantastic job for its customeers!
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
what else do you expect from iRay ? i guess today PA is on a roll to market/defend apple.. first comparison of tiny girly screen of ip5 and now this article starting on a negative note.
not fair PA.
8. blazee (Posts: 410; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Right? Of course Ray wouldn't mention that apple has the same problem. Not like jail breaking and downloading apps for free on iPhone is popular or anything.
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Same here; who in their rind mind would search the web for app files that came from knows where just to save 2 or 3 bucks???
14. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
poor people who earn 10 bucks a day or so. all the world is no USA. in poor countries like india, you will hardly find someone who pays for software.
17. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
That I do understand. You gotta do what you gotta do...
22. weedl (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
yes it's true for people from usa or western maybe that much money is not a big of deal , it's different for us who had to struggle to make a living who earn 5 dollar a day
25. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
You are not exactly correct...
First of all that India isn't that poor country anymore.
I have never downloaded any pirated app and there is no need too...
Many of the best apps or games are available for 50 or 100 bucks..
And if someone who earns 10 bucks a day would not have an internet access and a good android phone..!
31. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
agree with you bro. i am from India
41. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Thanks man!! You are the one who supported me in the 1080p pixel discussion right??
36. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
India is super poor.
Not even in top 100 in GDP per capita.
40. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
by bucks i meant dollars, oh yes he will have an internet.
42. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Shut up you mindless!!!
and how can you confirm that a poor will surely have internet connection and an android phone??
Are you a God???
45. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
10 dollars in india is normal. hes not considered a poor man who earns that much (in india).
28. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
stop talkin outta your a$$. i dont know where you are from but I am from India and I am sure i have more paid apps than you do.
46. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
u r defining yourself the way you are talking..
48. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
And you are also defining yourself as a p0or s#!t !!
49. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
If you can't afford it, that doesn't give you the right to take it for free. If "poor" Indians think that
grabbing a mobile game is a matter of life and death, there are thousands of fine Indian software developers who should create the free apps for their people. BTW it's me speaking from a third-world country as well.
50. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
There are free versions of many software titles. If you cant afford the paid version, that is no reason to steal from the developer. Yea, you are stealing. Its not like most developers are mega corps like EA. Most are home brew guys and small companies trying to eek a living, or add money on the side to their normal job.
Being poor is not a licence to be a thief.
37. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
for the good ones at least......but some good ones are also free :)
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Good, nice to see people actually paying for their apps again. Maybe we'll get more support for the Play Store now.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think the credit goes to N7 as it makes people open their account with Play Store.