Google Play Services 5.0 is live, check out the new additions
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2014, 04:55 posted on
Google Play Services 5.0 is now live! It introduces Android wearable services APIs, Dynamic Security Provider and App Indexing, whilst also including updates to the Google Play game services, Cast, Drive, Wallet, Analytics, and Mobile Ads...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
GREAT!!! This is something that Non-Google android (such as NokiaX, ?XiaoMi?, Amazon/bb) will miss big time. This is why you should buy REAL android if you want android apps.
*I'm not sure if we can install google play on XiaoMi device
2. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Those phones are for X0FFFF or whatever his username is.
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Google Play Services and other Google apps are installed by default on Xiaomi devices. At least here in Singapore.
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Using it already for almost a week. XDA FTW!
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Reseuruction ROM Ftw
Siyah Kernels Ftw
McTweaker app for the win
4. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
MOVIES to ROMANIA!!!! WE WANT MOVIES !!!! GOOOOOGLE!!!
10. 714reyesj (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Verizon S5 here stock still running version 4.8.20. When I click on the build version it still says Google Play Store is up to date. WTH
11. Landmarkcm (Posts: 502; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Hey there. I think the play store and the the "services" that runs it are two different things as I was wondering why My Moto G LTE hadn't changed too. I actually reset my phone and it updated it said google play services to version 5.0. But then when I still go back in the setting and look at the build number of the store, It still says Build version 4.8.20. The services app when it updates also just dissapears! So im not sure there is way to really check. Yours is probably already updated.. If you really know how to look at all the in depth codes (complicated stuff) like develpers use I think you can see. Here is the only place I actually found the app as well -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en It's weird it doesn't show if you search for it as an app on your phone. I found it using laptop.
12. Landmarkcm (Posts: 502; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)