Google Play Music updated with Gapless Playback and more
0. phoneArena 12 Nov 2012, 22:25 posted on
Google Play Music just got a new update today that adds quite a number of improvements to the app for Android. Not the least of which is an update to now support Gapless Playback, although for that sweet new feature, you'll have to be running Android 4.1+...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mydi.maus (unregistered)
about time google!
2. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Unless they add a option to manage the playing queue, I'm not interested on Google Play Music.
5. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
In simplest terms, gapless playback is where the music continuously plays instead of stopping for a few seconds until the next track plays.
7. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I wondered the same thing.
Isn't there a feature in music players on the computer to add "gaps" between songs? I think it's called crossfading?... I'm confused.
8. The_Innovation (Posts: 610; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Seems like a no brainer that should have been included a long time ago.
10. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Well, WP8 still doesn't have it... even after boasting their "XBOX MUSIC"
11. dahveed (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
About time. I like google and the play store generally but the music player is so aweful. it needs alot of work. right now its just a huge bunch of wasted potential.
12. angelesmec (unregistered)
Samsung Music Player (the default one) or Google Play Music?