Google Play Music update brings All Access, new UI and more
0. phoneArena 15 May 2013, 15:19 posted on
Google Play Music got a big update today. The announcement was made earlier, and now the update has gone live for Android users and those that use Google Play Music on the web as well. The update brings the new "Radio without rules" streaming service, All Access, a brand new UI and a bunch of other improvements to the app...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneCritic (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Cool. a Good offering I have just tried it and so far so good. I will play around with it for a couple of days like everyone else and then rate it.
12. KParks23 (Posts: 448; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
It might be good but 8$ a month is pretty steep! 3-4$ and id be all in!
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5585; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it needs a little work but it's pretty damn nice. i've already recreated my most current Spotify playlist with the service song for song. o:
5. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 852; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I'm doing the trial now and it's phenomenal.
6. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Finally! the old Play music app was just terrible!The tron blue theme was hideous! this one just looks so much better
7. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
we were all thinking it: this was a much needed UI update!
8. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Pretty much with everyone on this. I too am trying out the free trial, and so far so good. The new ui is awesome! Keep up the hard /great work google!!
9. davo2107 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
The service is not just avaialable in the USA. I am in Australia and updated the google play music app and was offered the free trial and $7.99 month to month thereafter!
10. Jyakotu (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Like the new UI, because the tron blue color definitely didn't mach the rest of the Google ecosystem.
13. Goldeneye (Posts: 353; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Worth a try I guess, as a Spotify user is hard to believe there is a better music service, having full albums of just about every singer and the offline option is just priceless.
One thing I know Google has over Spotify is the integration of your own music and their music in one place, but if Google really wants this to spank the competition It has to make it available to other platforms (they already have IOS in mind for sure you know Google loves to kiss Apple's rear) and media players as well, not just Android and desktops, so Windows is out already, Apple? not sure they would approve an iTunes competitor.