Google Play, Gmail, Maps and other Google services hit by global outage?
We can confirm that, as we type this, Play Store and Google Maps do not work at all in some parts of Europe, while Gmail is also not functioning properly. When trying to access Play Store from any Android handset, we're greeted by a forever-loading (actually not loading) screen - as seen on the left. The same can be said about Google Maps.
Google didn’t announce anything about this yet, so we’re hoping that the issues - whatever their nature is - will be solved quickly. Because, you know, it sucks not having access to your email, Play Store account, or Maps.
Are you experiencing problems with Google services at the moment? Let us known in the comments below (mentioning your location is optional).
4. SellPhones82 (Posts: 554; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Updating apps in the Play store right now and Gmail seems to be fine as I have new emails.
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3165; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Just checked Gmail. Seems to work. In Finland
8. domfonusr (Posts: 372; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Everything is fine if I use a computer, but my Android phone is a different story. Google services on my phone are spotty at best right now here in South Central PA. Sometimes they're up, and sometimes they're down. Using home WiFi for data on my LG Viper 4G LTE running Android 4.0.4.
9. Augustine (Posts: 776; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
While the same services work well from the phone browser, not so from the respective apps down here in Texas.
13. Augustine (Posts: 776; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
However, I noticed that they work on WiFi and for a friend on a different carrier. Perhaps it depends on which data center one gets to.
10. 14545 (Posts: 1140; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Play Music stopped working for me on the way home about an hour ago. Haven't tried it since.
11. hmd74 (Posts: 376; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Maybe Google is making play store work in Iran :D
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3603; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
This happens occasionally when the NSA rolls out an update to Google's code.
14. TattooedMailman (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
Maps, music, hangouts, and play store not working -Philadelphia
15. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
This is bad,someone is hacking...hehehe.
18. matty1323 (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Located in Arizona, USA here and i've had a wave of issues with all the google services here as well. It's been up and down for the past few hours.
19. roscuthiii (Posts: 1859; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Not working in the PAC NW either. Cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled updates, switched to Wi-Fi network... All before I remembered to check the internet to see if others are having the same problem. So I can't be sure if it was my efforts or if Google fixed it on their end.
Also, possibly unrelated - last night I experienced a Chrome crash on my laptop. The browser still worked, but would not connect to google.com or perform Google searches.
Could be a fairly widespread problem. It's because of glitches like these that I just don't trust the cloud.
21. HASHTAG (Posts: 179; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
Hangouts was working fine for me the whole day.
22. joneslick (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
All apps mentioned working fine for me
25. Aviral (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jun 2013)
Experiencing same play store problem in India it takes a lot of time to load