Google Play Edition handsets get Android 4.3 update OTA
0. phoneArena 02 Aug 2013, 23:39 posted on
The Google Play Edition of the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 have each received the Android 4.3 update; this is exactly the reason why certain smartphone users are willing to pay full price for these handsets when subsidized versions are available. Since these phones are unlocked, carrier testing of the Android 4.3 update (and future updates as well), do not need to be made...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PootisMan (Posts: 250; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I guess that was pretty fast considering there not nexus devices.
14. zhiae (unregistered)
after a week we will be able to get it via rom
2. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
It would be cool if Samsung would allow us to choose stock android or touchwiz on Galaxy phones from default out of the box. As much as i love this Google Play Edition phones i can never see myselff leaving my Galaxy Note 2. This phone grew on me from day 1 and holding anything smaller feels wierd.
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
So the phones attached itself to you and started growing?
5. PootisMan (Posts: 250; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
He's talking about the size of phone aka the overall body and screen size.
4. PootisMan (Posts: 250; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Well that's why manufactures make there phones with custom skins. I think it's very good because it gives consumers more choices, but right know as it stands I prefer pure stock Android on my Nexus 4. That's my opinion though.
6. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I have a Nexus 4 but im using Paranoid Android atm.
7. PootisMan (Posts: 250; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Do you find it better than stock android?
8. nothingmuch (Posts: 194; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Yeh quick for non nexus, too bad the rest of us wont see it until 5.0 heads out (coughat&t) !!
9. shamashu9 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
According to PA, update to 4.3 gives a slow user experience. Which is the trademark of android OS.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Too bad my N7 is 2x faster than it was on 4.2.2.
-Sent from Asus Nexus 7 (4.3)
21. Tsoliades (Posts: 228; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Same here. It's great!
On the subject of the Google Play Edition updates, that was fast. I'm surprised how well it went.
23. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
According to the web, some people have issues with their device.
It's nice to know that WP has no one,\ at all complaining about slowness on a WP device. Because MS is perfect. Yep.
15. shamashu9 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Here's the link. Second paragraph second sentence .
17. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
I didn't xperience that in my gnexus i9250.
16. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
How about regular hTc One/S4 and gnote 2, when! ?
19. housry23 (Posts: 129; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I have an AT&T HTC One that I have fully converted to the Google Edition and I'm running Android 4.3. I love that these phones were updated so quickly! Stock Android with LTE and HTC One screen and speed is amazing!
20. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
I don't like rooting.
I did that on my old tab, that's the first and last doin' that thing.
22. Tsoliades (Posts: 228; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
I can't have an Android device that isn't rooted. :P
What tablet did you have? It's a lot easier on some devices.
24. iliketech (Posts: 72; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
I have SGS4 GE and I like it. got it mostly for being able to tether on LTE speeds. I had the LG Optimus G Pro and it was nice but certain apps it was laggy. But it had a great screen. I like the sgs4 mostly because the back button is right below my thumb and I don't have to stretch for it in left hand corner... that was one reason I bought it... sad I know. But I am selling my Nexus 4 right now and moved up for bigger storage on phone, and bigger screen, removable battery, LTE, easier to operate than the Nexus 4. The wireless charging on it sucks though!. I am sending my Back S cover charging cover because when the phone is off and I put it on qi charger the screen turns white... but when phone is on all is well. other than that it will be my main phone shortly...