Google Now is your know-it-all personal concierge in Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2012, 12:22 posted on
That personal assistant rumored for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean just materialized under the name Google Now, part of the total improved search package in Google's latest mobile OS iteration...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Adding a feature iPhone already has. Google is at its best when copying Apple. Thanks Apple for innovating so google will have someone to copy.
2. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
iPhone already has? what? show me where iPhone does this.
admit it, WP8 blew away iOS6, and JB blew away iOS6.
now let's see JB VS WP8
3. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Completely untrue, but everyone knows all the best inventions are better versions of things already existed anyway.
7. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Exactly everyone's simply one upping each other on existing technology. Svoice,Siri, and google now r the exact same thing. They will all get the job done for their platform. C'mon people the days of true innovation r over for at least a few years. Quad cores, and 5. screens isn't innovative... Neither is 3.5. screens, and quad core graphics. It's all about who makes what u like, and what looks the sweetest.
25. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Very true. Thomas Edison was a briliant person, but he did not invent the lightbulb, he improved it. He has most of the credit because his design made the lightbulb practical and useful to everyone. Alexander Ghram Bell was not the first to create a telephone, he made it realistic. Gallileo did not invent the telescope, he made it usable for science. Today, these men would be in a huge legal battle over their inventions. Today, everyone borrows while trying to make something better. The iPhone was not the first touchscreen phone, and android's engineers were not the first with widgets and drop down menus.
5. chadrick0814 (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Copying/stealing...again??? Can you please explain who copied the notification menu, answering a phone call with a message, facial unlock (or at least trying to copy it), turn by turn navigation with 3d maps......?
8. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Dude when it comes to maps and gps, if apple copied google then google copied Nokia. Nokia had gps before android debuted. Now google may have thought it up first, but Nokia beat them to the punch. They all copy dude
29. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I think most people realize that... The issue I believe chadrick0814 is having is that people like taco50 are blind to that fact and are accusatory & bitter over it.
6. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
and end of the day it rips apple...anyways what do u want google to innovate ?? make a phone fly ??...we all need personal assistance somewhat and google just added the feature..who gives a damn whether its in ios or not....wtf is wrong with all this copy paste s**t man !!
10. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol mate google now does much more than siri, everything is doe. Automatically and let's not forget offline voice aswel... One thing is sure google and apple will keep on besting one another and that can only be good for us the consumers...
14. teerex42 (Posts: 209; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
sorry taco50dumba*s this blows siri and all the others out of the water. No robotic reply back this is actual person voice replying back....this kicks the sh*t out of siri!!!!!!! As everyone else has mentioned, everyone is one uping everyone and making it better or their own version. Personal preference too in which my case, this is heads over heals better then the rest of them!!
22. FlyMrTee (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
what are you talking about siri wasnt even an innovation of apples it was a free app in the app store before the 4s .. apple didnt create it they bought it
24. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Siri = Voice assistance
Google = Search Assistance
oh yea, Apple did not have a search engine
27. tedkord (Posts: 11566; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And how many of iOS 6's "new" features were on Android for years?
28. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Are you not tired of accusing Google of copying where as your beloved Apple is doing also worst is iOS 6 a.k.a iOS Eclair, copied it's newest features from Android. Don't make copying as an excuse, I'm sure you're too jealous of Android. It's time to swim to other side of the river, or you might get drown once you still stay with your iOS, it's not getting newer, rather it's getting older. The introduction of jelly bean makes more iOS outdated.
Now the question is which one taste delicious, jelly bean or apple??
30. Killer_Instinct (Posts: 22; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
Steve Jobs said:
- Multitasking is stupid on phones
- 4G is overrated
- 3.5 inches is the perfect screen size, any bigger than that and the phone becomes unusable
- if you use stylus you blew it
- iPad-style tablet computers with smaller 7in screens would be “dead on arrival”
I think you'll not gonna think twice if Apple told YOU to shoot YOURSELF...LOL
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Fandroids calm down I'm happy you can now enjoy features iPhone users have had for a while
18. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Taco, you should calm down too. You hands are tired now, please stop trolling and spamming.
19. frydaexiii (Posts: 1441; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
And we're happy that you still can't get features Android have for a while now.
23. FlyMrTee (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
and you apple sheeps can finally have turn by turn navigation
13. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
you believe you can flyyyyyyy > > > > > booooom (Android jelly bean)..RIP iOS 6 :|
15. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
sooooo micro hdmi? USB 2.0?
It seems to me like this is a true answer to the kindle fire in the regard that it relies entirely on the cloud... If I cannot connect it to an external hard drive or my tv (without that stupid 300 ball) then i mean its still nice but is still a stand alone device. unless im wrong about the hdmi, usb
17. teerex42 (Posts: 209; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
google is the BOMBBBB!!!!!!!!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store with all of this new stuff coming out. I'll take one of each please :)
21. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Google Now is wayyyyy ahead to SIRI.i should not even compare it with siri , they r on different levels...a Punch in the Face ....ohh i was waiting for this day ...now i can go out there and brag while my ifan friends look down & try to defend .
26. domspencer01 (Posts: 15; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
I'm really excited about this. Honestly the only part of ios6 that I liked was passbook, and this looks like it upped Voice Actions and combined it with offers into this crazy supermajiggy thing called Google Now. Truly impressed, I don't care if apple had passbook first or if wp8 wallet blew passbook out of the water. This is what it needs to be, the best of all of those and awesome voice search!
31. teerex42 (Posts: 209; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I can further confirm via an installed rom that was made last night hehe that Google now works thousand times better than siri and anything else that's out there. It speaks back to you via a natural voice and the options you have on the screen after she gives you the answers.. freaking awesome!!!! Jellybean itself is outstanding!!!!