Google Now has lost its voice
1. menny07 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:12 20 8
Please don't start hating about Apple-is-more-reliable crap... software errors happen to all operating systems. :)
5. Androids posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:22 18 3
But when it's about Apple, everybody bashes it... --'
7. JGuinan007 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:44 9 0
Yeah I agree I love Android but we should be able to take what we give out so Apple fans have at us
9. darkkjedii posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:46 1 2
Exactly now its it happens to everyone. Pot can't call the kettle black
21. OHaZZaR posted on 16 Jan 2013, 14:50 4 5
Apple has the as of now 3-month old apple maps that have yet to be fixed, which is a ubiquitous problem, and here we have google's day old problem that affects few users, I don't even have that problem. I do like Apple, Google, Samsung and all, but we can clearly see who's less "reliable" in the past few months.
31. OHaZZaR posted on 17 Jan 2013, 00:43 3 1
Is it because I appreciate the offering of each and every company, be it Apple, Microsoft or Google? I still remember the first time I had an iPod touch. It was that device that made me the tech junkie I am today. Microsoft because, come on, windows, who hasn't used it. Is it wrong of me to like Apple, at least with a good enough reason? Maybe it's not innovative right now but it used to be, so should we suddenly forget the awesome things they brought to the table. I mean honestly, a decent touch OS before the iPhone for phones or a good tablet before the iPad? Apart from the GALAXY SII and few exceptions, the iPhone was better than every gingerbread phone in my opinion in terms of speed, quality apps and design.
23. rusticguy posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:14 2 6
Also Remember Google is handling 4-5 times apple's phone/tab clientbase :)
25. darkkjedii posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:30 6 2
So what, cut the excuses. Google is mistake prone too
3. techguy22 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:15 2 2
i just tried on my s3. nada. oh well sure google will fix this soon. just like "he now praised the ipad" fiasco
4. Jasonhunterx posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:17 5 3
The only female voice I want to hear and it's gone :(
6. cripton805 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:39 6 0
Maybe its not even an error at all. Maybe they are updating it.
8. JGuinan007 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:45 0 1
Or perhaps it was removed because of patent issues with another company
26. darkkjedii posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:33 2 0
Or maybe it just messed up, and they'll fix it and move on. No excuses, or trying to use apple bashes to deflect the obvious. Google can have issues too, and still b a great company.
30. cripton805 posted on 17 Jan 2013, 00:38 0 0
Well Microsoft puts down XBL during their updates. I'm not quick to assume there are problems with that. Especially since it was completely down instead of glitching or something.
10. droidboy posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:51 0 0
Mine is working fine. I have a note 2. But it shouldnt matter what phone you have.
11. tedkord posted on 16 Jan 2013, 13:55 0 0
I rarely use it, so don't know about earlier, but it just gave me the score of the Packers game and the definition of a...well, a naughty word. No issues as of now.
12. blingblingthing posted on 16 Jan 2013, 14:04 0 0
She is working fine for me. Running a custom ROM.
14. housry23 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 14:22 0 0
Must be fixed now. Working fine for me on my Nexus 4. I'm running Cm10.1, but I don't see why that would make any difference.
16. xDrizzyXx posted on 16 Jan 2013, 14:22 0 0
She just literally spoke for me on my Galaxy Note 2 from T-Mobile :D
19. LionStone posted on 16 Jan 2013, 14:43 0 0
My dna worked perfectly smooth but my Nexus7 had a slight delay before her voice came on.
20. sadiqhashim posted on 16 Jan 2013, 14:47 0 0
She is fine, is like she just hate some users and she had to leave for good.
24. sleepyjohnny posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:17 0 0
mine is working just fine. Although I suppose an outage is possible, it doesn't make sense why the phone wouldn't be able to speak, since it's using its own text reading capabilities to read results. It's the same way the navigational directions are given to drivers. Is it possible that the original reader who noticed the issue had his media volume setting set to low? This would prevent the voice from being heard. I've had this happen to me before and was quite confused until I checked all of my volume settings.
29. ap1989 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 23:59 0 0
it does that on my galaxy nexus sometimes because when i play games i turn the volume down but forget to turn it back up. that could be the problem just go to sound settings and check if volume is turned up