Google Now has lost its voice
1. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Please don't start hating about Apple-is-more-reliable crap... software errors happen to all operating systems. :)
5. Androids (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
But when it's about Apple, everybody bashes it... --'
7. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Yeah I agree I love Android but we should be able to take what we give out so Apple fans have at us
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 14128; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly now its it happens to everyone. Pot can't call the kettle black
21. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Apple has the as of now 3-month old apple maps that have yet to be fixed, which is a ubiquitous problem, and here we have google's day old problem that affects few users, I don't even have that problem. I do like Apple, Google, Samsung and all, but we can clearly see who's less "reliable" in the past few months.
31. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Is it because I appreciate the offering of each and every company, be it Apple, Microsoft or Google? I still remember the first time I had an iPod touch. It was that device that made me the tech junkie I am today. Microsoft because, come on, windows, who hasn't used it. Is it wrong of me to like Apple, at least with a good enough reason? Maybe it's not innovative right now but it used to be, so should we suddenly forget the awesome things they brought to the table. I mean honestly, a decent touch OS before the iPhone for phones or a good tablet before the iPad? Apart from the GALAXY SII and few exceptions, the iPhone was better than every gingerbread phone in my opinion in terms of speed, quality apps and design.
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Also Remember Google is handling 4-5 times apple's phone/tab clientbase :)
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 14128; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So what, cut the excuses. Google is mistake prone too
3. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i just tried on my s3. nada. oh well sure google will fix this soon. just like "he now praised the ipad" fiasco
4. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 110; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
The only female voice I want to hear and it's gone :(
6. cripton805 (Posts: 1127; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Maybe its not even an error at all. Maybe they are updating it.
8. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Or perhaps it was removed because of patent issues with another company
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 14128; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Or maybe it just messed up, and they'll fix it and move on. No excuses, or trying to use apple bashes to deflect the obvious. Google can have issues too, and still b a great company.
30. cripton805 (Posts: 1127; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Well Microsoft puts down XBL during their updates. I'm not quick to assume there are problems with that. Especially since it was completely down instead of glitching or something.
10. droidboy (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Mine is working fine. I have a note 2. But it shouldnt matter what phone you have.
11. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I rarely use it, so don't know about earlier, but it just gave me the score of the Packers game and the definition of a...well, a naughty word. No issues as of now.
12. blingblingthing (Posts: 476; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
She is working fine for me. Running a custom ROM.
14. housry23 (Posts: 88; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Must be fixed now. Working fine for me on my Nexus 4. I'm running Cm10.1, but I don't see why that would make any difference.
15. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Works fine on my SGS2
16. xDrizzyXx (Posts: 64; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
She just literally spoke for me on my Galaxy Note 2 from T-Mobile :D
19. LionStone (Posts: 521; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
My dna worked perfectly smooth but my Nexus7 had a slight delay before her voice came on.
20. sadiqhashim (unregistered)
She is fine, is like she just hate some users and she had to leave for good.
24. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
mine is working just fine. Although I suppose an outage is possible, it doesn't make sense why the phone wouldn't be able to speak, since it's using its own text reading capabilities to read results. It's the same way the navigational directions are given to drivers. Is it possible that the original reader who noticed the issue had his media volume setting set to low? This would prevent the voice from being heard. I've had this happen to me before and was quite confused until I checked all of my volume settings.
28. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Huh. I never had any problems on my g nex.
29. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
it does that on my galaxy nexus sometimes because when i play games i turn the volume down but forget to turn it back up. that could be the problem just go to sound settings and check if volume is turned up
32. mydi.maus (unregistered)
upgrading to robot voice