Google Now Launcher available for all devices running Android 4.1+
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2014, 22:24 posted on
The Google Now Launcher began life on the Nexus 5 when it was released this past Halloween. It expanded to other Nexus and Google Play edition devices in February. Today, the app has expanded once again, and can now be installed on any Android devices running Jelly Bean or higher...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. sprockkets (Posts: 1554; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"The other nice feature is being able to use the "OK Google" hotword from any of your homescreens to automatically trigger voice commands. "
You can use the hot word anywhere, not just the home screens.
4. hurrycanger (Posts: 1492; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yep. That thing is relatively new. But still, on Jellybean devices, you can't do that.
Or can you? Cuz I currently have 2 phones with 4.2.2 with me, and neither of them can do that. My Moto G can.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Can even use it when phone screen is off,
but has to be plugged in.
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Now that's awesome. IMO Every play store app should be compatible with android 4.1+, It has the largest share currently.
Ofcourse, some app features must be stripped off in case of API incompatability on older android versions.
6. tweetgadget (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Its cool but nova is still my launcher of choice
8. Feanor (Posts: 450; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Hmm, it transformed my Xperia Z1 Compact into a Nexus device. Who needs Nexus anymore?
11. boosook (Posts: 1234; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I transformed my xperia V. Sony's widgets are not working, though. If you miss the wonderful clock widget get this:
9. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 887; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Working beautifully on my GS4, nice ,clean and simple.
10. boosook (Posts: 1234; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Great, great, great! I love this launcher!
12. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Is there a way I can get the stock icons as well? I don't like having the launcher with Sense / TouchWiz icons :/ looks weird and they don't match
14. TBomb (Posts: 386; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
can someone give me a rundown on battery life impact with this running?
15. javy108 (Posts: 344; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
Something I hate about Android is the stock theme in Jellybean and ICS, is crap that gray background under the apps. I hope this Theme is fast as Nova.