Google Nexus tablet specs, release date, price and more: rumor round-up
0. phoneArena 08 Jun 2012, 09:08 posted on
Google is expected to announce its own Nexus tablet very soon. If you haven't followed the topic closely, now's the time to get yourself up to speed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 9968; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Being made by Asus huh? Well that's a step in the right direction from many that needs to be taken. Still not going to steal share away from the iPad though.
3. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
You could be right, but I think there is a strong demand for a tablet like this. Powerful, yet affordable. I personally would jump on one of these especially if it manages to come in at the $199 price point. iPads are no doubt nice items, but the prices of them keep me away. A tablet would not be much more than a toy for me anyway....
5. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i have an iphone and after messing around on my buddies ASUS transformer 300 tab, id have to honestly say that im hooked. not only is the price 200 cheaper than an iPad but its also different from my phone and thats what i want. i dont want another apple product if its just a bigger iphone. i probably wont hold out for this though. definitely a good choice to go with ASUS.
11. ph00ny (Posts: 1093; Member since: 26 May 2011)
biggest question with Asus is does Asus have the manufacturing capacity?
Both transformers had issues with meeting demands during the launch
2. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
-"Hey boys what do we want?"
-"The Nexus Tablet!"
-"And when do we want it?"
-"We want it now!!!"
7. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I've actually fallen in love with the Asus Android Transformer series and the keyboard dock it offers. I wouldn't really think of getting anything different unless it offered something similar.
4. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Most people besides apple ifans don't necessarily need a tablet for any particular use,ifans will buy anything apple no matter what it ends up being despite what the function of it is so that has given the ipad the success.
A nexus tablet like this with high spec but rock bottom prices could sell very very well the the majority of people who not necessarily need one but as its readily affordable it'd be a fun casual purchase
6. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
one... youre an idiot for thinking all iphone users are the same. that would be like saying all burger joints are the same. noob.
two... i have an iphone and im more interested in an ASUS transformer tab. noob x2.
three... a lot of people go for what the are familiar with. my dad has only driven toyotas my whole life. these people who buy iphones then ipads dont want to take the time to learn a whole new OS, regardless of what they have to pay and apple knows that. noob x3
14. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
you are a noob.. he didn't mean ALL apple users, he meant those iFans, the fanboys.. so, yeah.. Noob 1000x! congrats!
15. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
aww thats cute, sticking up for your boy friend.
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
200$ I'm IN!!
9. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
To put things into perspective -- a reburished iPad 2 only cost $320. That means for an extra $70 ($320 vs the $250 price), the user will enjoy about twice the viewing area of a standard 7" tablet.
If Apple releases its 8" tablet, it will futher add pressure to the tablet.
13. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Two fails in what you just said.
1. Not everyone wants the bigger tablet. Some people actually prefer the smaller tablet for better portability.
2. The word "refurbished" can be a killer. I won't pay more for something that is refurbished that doesn't have a flash player, i.e. an outdated tablet, I don't care what the screen size is.
But, if Apple does release an 8" iPad3 at a good price point, that will indeed put pressure on the competitors.
Personally, I'll still go for the Nexus tablet.=)
10. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
You can also get a refurb Asus 10.1 Transformer for $275.
If apple releases an 7 or 8 inch tablet expect their higher end one to suffer.
12. GrowingDever (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
I expect Google I/O very much because I want to see 'Nexus Tablet'!!!
I'm using iPad2 but i can not be satisfied because that is too big for me and i don't use many application. I use tablet for Web Surfing.
Nexus Tablet will be released cheeply, and than my iPad2 will be sold, and i will buy the Nexus Tablet immediately.
16. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I am torn between - Nexus tablet / Iconia 110 / IPAD mini (all coming soon)