Google Nexus tablet rumored to come with a front-facing camera, $199 price tag
1. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This sounds very promising,for a start very very few people ever really use the back facing camera on tabs,why would you really?! Also people have wifi ready available in most places or have mobile hotspots so no 3g isn't an issue either. The front facing is very useful for tango calls and skype admittingly. If this tab ends up quad core with decent screen and memory then the android take over of the tablet market will mirror that of the way the smartphone race went
2. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
My gift to mum is ready, thanks Google and ASUS.
3. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
Only front camera, I must say intersting approach.
6. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2550; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I agree. Most folks don't take pics with their tabs anyway, so how detrimental could it be?
8. Fallout09 (Posts: 419; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is a little off subject but, I have seen a guy out with his iPad snapping family photos at a local farm that gives horseback riding lessons. The guy looked like a total douche and seeing him take action shots with such a cumbersome point and click device was classic. I want to know what he was thinking when he decided to "just use his ipad".
10. Birds (Posts: 1022; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Lol, my teachers take pictures of us using their iPads. But they have iPad 2's so the pictures are rather unusable.
4. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
no rear camera and only wifi, thats what I need for now. I use phone for taking pict and 3g. don't want to have other carrier to pay for
5. remyrz (Posts: 190; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
I think google is making things just to compete.. hope they dont forget about the croud and the cool features, performance and xperience we would want to have... just wait a see... dont disappoint us google!
7. remixfa (Posts: 14060; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
this but in 10 inch with a keyboard doc would be great. I dont need silly bells and whistles like cameras. I need it to be fully functional for school.
14. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
in that case you need 'surface' - fully functional desktop but in a tablet form... we just don't know yet if Google nexus would have an amazing specs given its low pricing point, but that's a suggestion, don't shoot me. :p
9. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I have a feeling this is a test to see what works on a tablet, sometimes I think tablets have useless additions like cameras and carrier radios. WiFi with a single but 2-3mp front camera would be fine as video chatting would make sense on something that large and the crisp resolution would benefit for self portraits. If this takes off Google will most likely commission Asus to build a 10" no compromise tablet with all the bells and whistles like the iPad.
I am looking to get a tablet since I'm about to head back to school and this looks like it might be right up my alley, size, price and wifi. I will definitely give this thing the run through as I can't see myself spending exorbitant amounts of cash on a tablet. Now i wonder if this thing has SD Card input and at least 32GB of built in space.
11. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
things i don't need from a tablet:
- back camera
- an iOS inside
and i need:
- keyboard dock
- stylus (i draw a lot)
- USB host/OTG capability (same or better than the SGS3)
12. GoBears (Posts: 374; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I personally think they should make the camera on a swivel so you can flip it forward or backside for whatever the situation may call for.
13. tubieso (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Jun 2012)
Google: Nexus tablet is going to be sold in July with $199