Google Nexus tablet details leaked, will be quad-core and may include Jelly Bean
0. phoneArena posted on 25 May 2012, 13:56
Details are leaking out on the tablet Google will be giving away at I/O this year, and it looks to be a sub-$200 quad-core powerhouse that may even have the next version of Android installed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. itiswhatitis posted on 25 May 2012, 14:04 11 1
Eventhough I'd like to see JB,I wouldnt want them to released it until early winter cuz many android devices are still waiting for ICS
3. imkyle posted on 25 May 2012, 14:16 1 2
Agree 100%. The international phones have gotten ICS and what two HTC USA phones have gotten it and that's it... They need a Fall release for this update.
32. Berzerk000 posted on 25 May 2012, 17:23 0 1
Rezound, Amaze, Vivid, One S, and some other devices from other manufacturers have either released with, or updated to ICS.
41. gwuhua1984 posted on 25 May 2012, 18:44 1 0
One S was released with ICS. ICS update should be available for Amaze right now.
48. Berzerk000 posted on 25 May 2012, 20:53 0 0
Yes, I know it was released with ICS, I made that clear in my comment
56. dmckay12 posted on 26 May 2012, 01:52 0 0
The Rezound has not been updated yet.
55. robocopvn posted on 26 May 2012, 00:13 0 0
agree ! so when JB released, there will be another customer's upsets and waiting ... lolz
67. Moadino posted on 28 May 2012, 09:45 0 0
and for those who are already using ICS they still didn't get to explore the entire features yet!
2. bubbadoes posted on 25 May 2012, 14:08 4 4
Its becoming a joke...manufacturers cant figure out how to update current models with Ics...5% of devices are running Ics and have been out long enough to be on more devices...2% of apps in market only support Ics...and now here comes talk of jellybean...what a freakin joke now across the platform....no wonder there are so many bugs
5. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 25 May 2012, 14:20 5 1
Not quite in the know about Android are you? ICS is global, works on both tablets and smartphones, scaling resolution, so anything you write for ICS will be compatible with JB. This is why Google went through the trouble of mating both OS's into one OS that can run on either platform. I prefer it to launch with ICS then when JB is ready to go and is bringing increased performance and stability the likes we haven't seen on any android device then they can push it out. I'm all for a 7" Google tablet, WiFi only please as I can care less about data since I have hotspot anyway. Let's see how good this tablet really is.
8. remixfa posted on 25 May 2012, 14:23 5 1
that number is about to skyrocket. the SGS2 with all its variants, the Note with all its variants, and the major HTC devices are all in the middle of updates or like a month away.
9. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 14:29 1 10
as of May 25th is 5%... no other way around it..
10. remixfa posted on 25 May 2012, 14:31 5 0
find me a report that has information from the 25th, not just regurgitating the reports from may1.
you know, if you just read the headlines on the PA articles here, you would see what I said is true. Im not even asking you to read an entire paragraph, just the headline. its not that hard. lol
21. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 16:03 0 6
at least i am not projecting figures... and yes as of today less than 6 % device are running ICS...
24. KingKurogiii posted on 25 May 2012, 16:19 1 0
that doesn't say anything about how many actual models have ICS available to them. as soon as top selling devices like the Galaxy S II series, the top Droids and the few popular HTC devices that are left get it that percentage will skyrocket.
26. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 16:33 0 3
by that time Jelly bean will ready
28. remixfa posted on 25 May 2012, 17:08 0 0
jelly bean is going to be ready in like 30 days or less? wow!
31. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 17:22 0 2
not if Verizon, ATT and have something to say about it
34. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 May 2012, 17:47 1 0
Then it is providers fault but not Androids.
37. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 17:59 2 1
true I hate when the carriers put their crap on the phones
40. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 May 2012, 18:23 0 0
Agree, that's why I buy phones without any contracts or something similar.
+1 for you.
44. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 19:11 1 1
we finally agree on something.. we have made progress
47. KingKurogiii posted on 25 May 2012, 20:50 0 0
you're not unreasonable Gallito. (:
57. remixfa posted on 26 May 2012, 04:21 0 0
true. im going to try to go carrier free as soon as tmobile switches the 1900 mhz on in my area.
4. jy20051992 posted on 25 May 2012, 14:16 1 0
i dont think it will be coming with jellybean as thier is no release date of jellybean in market
6. remixfa posted on 25 May 2012, 14:22 8 0
Jellybean is just 4.1, not 5.0. Bet money on it. Dont get so worried about the update. It will probably be just a list of bug fixes, enhancements, and maybe a new feature or 2.
As far as the tablet? yea, color me interested. However, i dont want a 7 inch tablet. My 8.9 is perfect for reading and a 10 would be more fun for most everything else.
Full ICS, quad core, Nexus, and low entry point = google finally getting a serious contender in the ring.. one serious enough to put a permanent dent in the ipad.
22. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 16:04 1 5
coming from someone that said that the new Exynos will be LTE compatible... on the bright side.. one day they will.. so you can say.. you told us so....
29. remixfa posted on 25 May 2012, 17:09 0 0
the exynos IS LTE COMPATIBLE. Outside of America. Qualcom has a lock down on the LTE tech for America somehow and isnt playing nice.
Did i know it wouldnt be american compatible? no. Is it LTE compatible? Yes.
33. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 17:27 1 3
chill remix just playing with you is Friday.... I Know I cant bebate over chips you are the man on the subject... unless there are new doritos tacos fro taco bell.. then the ball is on tacos court
35. jsjakesaid posted on 25 May 2012, 17:53 1 1
all i can say is whenever remixfa posts something interesting, you are always there to troll and contradict him with stupid statements. Not only bothering him, but the whole phonearena community! Feel free to give me a dislike :) i dont really care!
38. gallitoking posted on 25 May 2012, 18:02 0 3
well me and remix have that kind of relationship.... ask him if you dont belive me...
58. remixfa posted on 26 May 2012, 04:24 0 0
nah, gallito and I are fine. unlike taco, gallito trolls to get a rise out of people and laugh. Taco really is as dumb as he makes himself out to be.
Im still waiting for that return email,btw.
49. KingKurogiii posted on 25 May 2012, 20:56 0 0
i disliked your comment because i don't think Gallito is so bothersome. he's not stupid or anything, he just enjoys to troll and he doesn't make it into some big, out-of-hand, stressful flame war. xD
42. gwuhua1984 posted on 25 May 2012, 18:47 2 0
"doritos tacos from taco bell.. then the ball is on tacos court"... that's brilliant!!!
45. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 May 2012, 19:13 0 0
"unless there are new doritos tacos fro taco bell.. then the ball is on tacos court"
When taco50 will see this, he will punish you. LOL! :D
59. remixfa posted on 26 May 2012, 04:24 0 0
best joke you've said in a while.. lol
46. bobfreking55 posted on 25 May 2012, 19:46 0 0
i know 4.1 is likely, but the point that Jellybean may come with other major stuff may just make it 5.0, and since early rumors are suggesting it to be a netbook OS with Chrome, it could be another major release... and from what I'm feeling, it's Android's 5th Anniversary on November 5, and they will release 5 Nexus phones running 5.0 I guess... still, all of it's a guess.
51. KingKurogiii posted on 25 May 2012, 21:02 0 0
i agree that Jelly Bean will merely be an incremental update, much like Gingerbread was to Froyo and in all honesty we really don't need anything more. like some people have mentioned we need to get more handsets up to ICS and make that the norm before we start getting into any more major revisions that'll require more time and resources to make available.
60. remixfa posted on 26 May 2012, 04:27 1 0
can you imagine the pandemonium on the threads if they drop JB as 5.0? people will pull their hair out and our idiot iTrolls will have a field day.
I highly doubt there is enough chances to call it 5.0, i mean they just changed everything and its not in their history to do such a thing. They've only ever changed the first number when it was a huge revision.
64. KingKurogiii posted on 26 May 2012, 13:48 0 0
ohh yeah and if my phone actually turned out to not be eligible for JB i'd go WP.
7. quryous (banned) posted on 25 May 2012, 14:22 0 0
Hmm! If you can produce the equivilent of the newly revised Samsung Galaxy Note 10, with Jelly Bean, for $200 or less, I just might start shopping. At that cost these toys become almost reasonable. Now, if it also runs (WELL) MS Office 15 or later, I won't even feel guilty about $200.00. Just make sure it has removable storage for the Office documents, as I will not be putting any of my serious work on the "cloud."
11. Bluesky02 posted on 25 May 2012, 14:34 0 0
What's bugging me
- Only few percentage of phones are ICS
- It's too early
- Google devices are developer's reference design. Releasing a Quad Core for Jelly Bean mean some manufacturers will follow the reference design.
- Quad Core $200 Tablet is good but for smartphone it's a different story.
Being so power hungry and so fast is annoying.
13. crankyd00d posted on 25 May 2012, 14:51 1 0
Should we stop progress just so you are not behind with your single or dual core? I say bring it on, I'm still happy with my Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Xoom
18. Muhannad posted on 25 May 2012, 15:38 6 0
*facepalm* Ice Cream Sandwich is an operating system. Go Launcher is a launcher. Learn the difference.
27. Sprintfan posted on 25 May 2012, 17:02 1 0
Well, it has and is copying all the good features ICS has. :P
30. remixfa posted on 25 May 2012, 17:10 1 0
no, it copys the LOOK of ICS,
it can not copy its features as they are OS features, not pretty pictures and icons.
39. Sprintfan posted on 25 May 2012, 18:02 0 0
With go, I can customize my widget and icon sizes, it makes my icons look more readable and clear, and I have the sliding system bar. Point being... What am I missing out from for ICS that is a game changer? Face unlock, a better calender, and photo editing stuff, or different looking menus? Is ICS even something for me to get excited about anymore?
50. KingKurogiii posted on 25 May 2012, 20:59 1 0
multi-core optimization, a MUCH better browser, apps only accessible with ICS like Google Chrome and the all new Spotify app for instance, setting caps on your mobile data, uhhhh, what else?
61. remixfa posted on 26 May 2012, 04:29 0 0
built in power controls to optimize your battery ( i get 2 days on a 2 year old SGS1)
tons and tons of optimizations under the hood
honestly, its just a better experience over all. everything just works better. There is more to tweak if you like that sort of thing, and even if you dont it works flawlessly out of the box.
14. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid posted on 25 May 2012, 14:55 0 1
Wow.. Fantastic. 5% of devices running ICS and we see this. Google should really learn from MS. ICS, the 7th version of Android, is still not as smooth as WP 7.5 which happens to be the 2nd version of WP and top of it, it runs on out-dated hardware. It was my mistake to think that an Android phone with 1GHz and 512MB RAM was a WORTHY upgrade from from my iPhone 3GS. Only if Nokia 710 was available at that time.......
15. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 25 May 2012, 14:55 0 0
Maybe and just MAYBE JellyBean is actually what Honeycomb was for tablets. I honestly think tablets should have more horsepower and more advance software if they are ever going to be more and more like laptop pcs. You can only do so much with even a 5.3 inch display on a cell phone but with a 8-10 inch tablet, it opens up way more doors.
16. bubbadoes posted on 25 May 2012, 14:57 0 2
Number 5 comment...why are you talking global...we are in the Usa...i can care less aboabout if korea turkey france or whoever has Ics. Im talking about here at home....where there is a lack of ics on smartphones and the market only suppoets a few ics apps and googe is already talking jelly bean
17. darac posted on 25 May 2012, 15:36 2 0
you guys are silly..basically don't want to see a new, better android version!
it's like whining, oh man haven't even upgraded my Vista to windows 7 and they are already releasing an 8!
there is absolutely nothing wrong if they showcase JB in this thing, it will be completely backward compatible.
bring on the next android!
19. KingShango posted on 25 May 2012, 15:51 0 0
Why are some people so excited about JB? Has anyone seen it or even know what's in it? What if it sucks? Is it going to required a quad core just to get decent performance? What if its the Vista of Android?
20. remixfa posted on 25 May 2012, 15:59 2 0
as long as its not the black jellybeans. i hate those licorice flavored ones.. YUCK.
23. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 May 2012, 16:17 0 0
I agree, anything can happen, but let's hope for the best. :)
43. gwuhua1984 posted on 25 May 2012, 18:56 1 0
Jelly Bean or not. A quad core tablet at roughly $200... It's about time for me to get a tablet.