Google Nexus 7 was planned to have a rear camera
0. phoneArena 27 Jul 2012, 03:17 posted on
The Google Nexus 7 tablet arrives with an extremely affordable $199 price for the basic 8GB model, and one shortcut Google had to take to arrive at that is the rear camera…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 851; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Well, this is essentially the Asus Memo tablet thingamagig from earlier this year so.... For value for the buck, this is arguably the best tablet ever made. I mean the Tegra 3 inside outperforms my old outdated Pentium...ROFL Well just kidding about that part but seriously that is some nice hardware..
2. mas11 (Posts: 1005; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Very interesting. I think Asus told Google the cost of production and made a last minute decision to not include the rear camera to keep the cost at $200 for the consumer. I also bet the unused button hole was for a camera button.
3. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
They realised it was the most useless feature ever on a device, I really would like to know personally those that make photos with tablets and congratulate them.
4. Ohrules (Posts: 298; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
5. tigermcm (Posts: 561; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
thats the crap I dont understand. I was in NY a few months ago and had to laugh at this lady taking pics and vids with her tab while on the ferry to the statue of liberty. Looked like she had a book held up for an hr
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
they should have put a camera in and taken the loss
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Part of me still wonders if the Meemo will be released with the camera and sd card slot. Not sure if they want to create another option for customers though, the Nexus 7 is selling hot the way it is.
8. thebest (Posts: 226; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
google is making roughly $50 from the 8gb nexus 7....i think they didn't want to sell it for losses like amazon so we don't have a rear cam
9. LiudvikasLTU (Posts: 15; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
Youre wrong. The parts of 8gb costs 179 $. The others 20 $ is for research, advertising and more. Theyre making some profit from the 16gb model, though