Google Nexus 7 tablet is announced, 7 inches of Jelly Bean goodness for $199
Google Nexus 7 tablet Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
3. jellytime posted on 27 Jun 2012, 12:41 1 2
You mean the price?
Well then they said it will only cost you 199 dollars
13. Synack posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:20 3 2
I just bought the Nexus 7 with two day shipping :)
15. Fallout09 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:25 3 1
22. CX3NT3_713 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 14:04 4 2
Looks like iTrollz are thumbing down again,,, sore losers lol
4. sony_timescape posted on 27 Jun 2012, 12:44 0 1
here is the video:
5. Zayuh24 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 12:50 9 2
It is a beast. Jelly Bean is GREATNESS, it's fluid, and only $200...
Time to sell my Kindle Fire
33. sagnessagiel posted on 29 Jun 2012, 21:19 0 0
Well, why does the Nook Tablet and Color have it? Similar, and sometimes better price too, even with the Nexus 7's hardware.
And I wouldn't mind paying that extra dollar for any kind of sd card reader. Seriously, in bulk, it is loose change. It is definitely not about cost.
Just like the Kindle Fire, it's about trying to force users into their experimental cloud. I am dead set suspicious about any cloud computing crap, especially after I tried a Kindle Fire out for myself.
Notwithstanding all the problems that come in with entrusting your data to the internet, the reality is that:
Anything that depends on a connection on a WiFi-only device just doesn't work. It's nowhere near as fast, definitely not as flexible, and absolutely not dependable. If you're traveling on airplanes, going to hotels that make you pay, you're screwed. You can't switch storage out either.
With videos growing in quality, content mushrooming in size, anyone who tries to tell that you don't need much more than 5.6GBs local is horribly misinformed. Unless, of course, you use it at home all day, to which I say, get a real computer.
8. jmoita2 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:12 2 1
Pretty awesome specs altogether. Kindle now has a serious contender with this one. I'm getting me one asap. Still wishing for that micro sd, though...
12. KingKurogiii posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:20 1 2
EVERYONE has a serious competitor now. even the iPad is going to get thrown under the rug for this one.
14. Zayuh24 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:23 0 0
The only reason it doesn't have a micro SD slot is to keep the price low. But I hear there's a 16gb one for $249. I'll probably end up with that one to get my N.O.V.A. 3 fix and all of my kindle books.
10. hung2900 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:15 0 0
Samsung released Galaxy Tab 2 too late. Nobody wanna buy it anymore.
11. Jeradiah3 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:18 0 0
The Nexus 7 looks good!! Id get it when its available and im looking forward to having Jelly Bean on Mobile devices
16. snowgator posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:25 4 0
iOS announces..... Than WP8.... Than Jelly Bean....
Surface Tablets..... Now this....
"Anything you can do, I can do better....."
17. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:32 0 0
Does no one on here know how to use WiFi in their own home networks to move data around should you need to? SD Cards are nice to have but they cut it on this for price savings, but you can always connect via WiFi to move large amounts of data to your home storage you know or just save it in the cloud. I would like a Sd Card slot but at this price point this thing is practically a steal, might get me one just for school purposes.
35. Saroku posted on 20 Oct 2012, 04:38 0 0
What? You buy an SD Card with your own money, google would not have to pay for that. Even cheap 50$ phoness have an SD slot, so its not about price saving. I don't like it how google wants the people to believe something so cheap is expensive.
18. matty1323 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:34 0 0
The link is below from the Google Play store for pre-order. The question I have is the option for MicroSD slot or not?! The 8GB is $200 and the 16GB is $250, so if 16GB is the largest capacity, there better be a MicroSD slot. Also is the MicroUSB mentioned using the MHL adapter for video output? They obviously can hook it up to an external display per the demo. C'mon google, post these answers!
19. hunted posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:41 0 0
Awesome, now i can buy one instead of kindle fire. Thank you google. Plus one wish for me, make a nexus phone with Sony this year with Jelly Bean :)
20. xoatomxo posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:41 0 0
which is better?
Galaxy tab 2 or Nexus 7 Tablet?
21. KingKurogiii posted on 27 Jun 2012, 13:57 1 0
Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0, 10.1) < Nexus 7 < Galaxy Note 10.1
23. haseebzahid posted on 27 Jun 2012, 14:09 2 2
So another TOY by Google buhahahah bring something more of real value
24. haseebzahid posted on 27 Jun 2012, 14:12 1 2
Technically no way near Windows8 Surface and good prices for a toy
26. BuddyGlass posted on 27 Jun 2012, 14:57 0 0
Pre-ordered mine, 8gb, $232.69 after tax & shipping. "You will not be charged until your order has shipped. Will ship in 2-3 weeks"
28. saiki4116 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 15:44 0 0
I am sold,if only google releases it India soon....
29. cheeseycheeser posted on 27 Jun 2012, 15:45 1 0
My iPad 1 is getting kinda old... and the fact it's not getting iOS 6 has me squirming. At only $200 I really might look into this!
30. rsiders posted on 27 Jun 2012, 16:17 1 0
Definitely getting one! This will complete my OS ownership. Windows 8 phone. 4th Gen iPod Touch. Nexus 7 tablet. Yes!
31. andyboi_ph posted on 27 Jun 2012, 19:53 1 0
OMG, i hope it gets to ASIA asap... love the specs and the jellybean flavor..
34. Raymond_htc posted on 01 Jul 2012, 10:00 0 0
Android ur improving drastically! go show apple whos da boss!