Google Nexus 7 tablet is announced, 7 inches of Jelly Bean goodness for $199
Google Nexus 7 tablet Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Google Nexus 7 tablet
3. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
You mean the price?
Well then they said it will only cost you 199 dollars
13. Synack (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I just bought the Nexus 7 with two day shipping :)
22. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1176; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks like iTrollz are thumbing down again,,, sore losers lol
4. sony_timescape (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
here is the video:
5. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
It is a beast. Jelly Bean is GREATNESS, it's fluid, and only $200...
Time to sell my Kindle Fire
33. sagnessagiel (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Well, why does the Nook Tablet and Color have it? Similar, and sometimes better price too, even with the Nexus 7's hardware.
And I wouldn't mind paying that extra dollar for any kind of sd card reader. Seriously, in bulk, it is loose change. It is definitely not about cost.
Just like the Kindle Fire, it's about trying to force users into their experimental cloud. I am dead set suspicious about any cloud computing crap, especially after I tried a Kindle Fire out for myself.
Notwithstanding all the problems that come in with entrusting your data to the internet, the reality is that:
Anything that depends on a connection on a WiFi-only device just doesn't work. It's nowhere near as fast, definitely not as flexible, and absolutely not dependable. If you're traveling on airplanes, going to hotels that make you pay, you're screwed. You can't switch storage out either.
With videos growing in quality, content mushrooming in size, anyone who tries to tell that you don't need much more than 5.6GBs local is horribly misinformed. Unless, of course, you use it at home all day, to which I say, get a real computer.
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Pretty awesome specs altogether. Kindle now has a serious contender with this one. I'm getting me one asap. Still wishing for that micro sd, though...
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
EVERYONE has a serious competitor now. even the iPad is going to get thrown under the rug for this one.
14. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
The only reason it doesn't have a micro SD slot is to keep the price low. But I hear there's a 16gb one for $249. I'll probably end up with that one to get my N.O.V.A. 3 fix and all of my kindle books.
10. hung2900 (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Samsung released Galaxy Tab 2 too late. Nobody wanna buy it anymore.
11. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 924; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
The Nexus 7 looks good!! Id get it when its available and im looking forward to having Jelly Bean on Mobile devices
16. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
iOS announces..... Than WP8.... Than Jelly Bean....
Surface Tablets..... Now this....
"Anything you can do, I can do better....."
17. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 612; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Does no one on here know how to use WiFi in their own home networks to move data around should you need to? SD Cards are nice to have but they cut it on this for price savings, but you can always connect via WiFi to move large amounts of data to your home storage you know or just save it in the cloud. I would like a Sd Card slot but at this price point this thing is practically a steal, might get me one just for school purposes.
35. Saroku (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
What? You buy an SD Card with your own money, google would not have to pay for that. Even cheap 50$ phoness have an SD slot, so its not about price saving. I don't like it how google wants the people to believe something so cheap is expensive.
18. matty1323 (Posts: 18; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
The link is below from the Google Play store for pre-order. The question I have is the option for MicroSD slot or not?! The 8GB is $200 and the 16GB is $250, so if 16GB is the largest capacity, there better be a MicroSD slot. Also is the MicroUSB mentioned using the MHL adapter for video output? They obviously can hook it up to an external display per the demo. C'mon google, post these answers!
19. hunted (Posts: 286; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Awesome, now i can buy one instead of kindle fire. Thank you google. Plus one wish for me, make a nexus phone with Sony this year with Jelly Bean :)
20. xoatomxo (Posts: 56; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
which is better?
Galaxy tab 2 or Nexus 7 Tablet?
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0, 10.1) < Nexus 7 < Galaxy Note 10.1
23. haseebzahid (Posts: 1761; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
So another TOY by Google buhahahah bring something more of real value
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1761; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Technically no way near Windows8 Surface and good prices for a toy
26. BuddyGlass (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Pre-ordered mine, 8gb, $232.69 after tax & shipping. "You will not be charged until your order has shipped. Will ship in 2-3 weeks"
28. saiki4116 (Posts: 296; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
I am sold,if only google releases it India soon....
29. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 290; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
My iPad 1 is getting kinda old... and the fact it's not getting iOS 6 has me squirming. At only $200 I really might look into this!
30. rsiders (Posts: 192; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Definitely getting one! This will complete my OS ownership. Windows 8 phone. 4th Gen iPod Touch. Nexus 7 tablet. Yes!
31. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
OMG, i hope it gets to ASIA asap... love the specs and the jellybean flavor..
32. tarozeero (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Bring on the thumbs down!
34. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Android ur improving drastically! go show apple whos da boss!