Google Nexus 7 has small but promising share of tablet based web traffic
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2012, 21:36 posted on
With a 91% share of tablet based web traffic, the Apple iPad remains on top of the tablet world; while the Asus built Google Nexus 7 has only a .33% share of tablet web traffic, it has shown 135% growth since July as the low-priced 7 inch category has taken off...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Haxagon (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Jun 2011)
Oh my god, who the hell cares about web traffic share?
In a serious sense, who the hell cares?
Why not bring out some actual marketshare information? I haven't heard any up-to-date info on tablet marketshare in ages. It seems like a much more important set of data.
2. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
That bastard Apple!
They must be richer than Coke Cola!!!
10. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
They have more than 117 billion cash reserve. They are richer than everyone.
6. Hammerfest (Posts: 382; Member since: 12 May 2012)
well considering a few random OEM tablets I have tried used the desktop profile by default, I myself at least consider this a pointless statistic....
I should say that besides the random OEM's that do this, I also set the desktop profile as well on my tablets (Asus and Samsung) so they also get skipped...
everyones a number however
8. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The ipad has 91.1% tablet web traffic coming from it. Nexus 10 should change something. Samsung: there's a storm coming apple... Apple: you seem to be looking forward to it..... Samsung: I am adaptable. You're gonna wonder how you thought you could eat so much market share and leave so little for the rest of us..... Lol dark knight rises
18. app_droid_soft (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
people who are bothered to read this article and comment on it care!!
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Flawed analysis for sure as 52% iPAD (PEW Survey) cannot generate 91% traffic. What are other 48% doing? Playing games ... Ridiculously flawed numbers.
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 2287; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You probalby think the non ipad share are all high end tablets with good browsing experience.
Try doing most of your browsing using a nook, playbook, etc and see how long you can stick with it.
11. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I use my HTC Evo View to browse the web more than I did my Asus Transformer because it was easier to hold. I bet I get the same usuage or more use out of my $100 single core tablet then 80% of iPad owners. Its not super fast but I'm smart enough to know that something that is 200% cheaper and does practically the same s**t is a way better buy.
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I am looking more at the server logs of servers that we manage and own and not talking as someone who has interest in Apple or Android products or is paid by either to of them to do so. In that event yes "TCO" is a matter of concern for me.
That said, why is PEW survey showing Declining ipad share when the experience with non ipad tab (any price) is painted to be so bad?
Sometimes the only reason for justifying a costly purchase is try and talk something that's only subjective and not quantitaive ... i may get some speed advantage with iPAD but all that's lost when i do "5 finger smooch of the screen" (have to perforce as the design forces me to) all the "time advantage" is lost :)
20. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
4. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Because the only purpose of iPad is Facebook and twitter.
12. JaqenHghar (Posts: 11; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
and you are saving the world with an android tablet. right?
15. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
GTFO. I use my iPad for making presentations, downloading and watching movies. Typing word documents, making excel sheets (iWork software). I can also take very clear pics with it. I use it for video calling gaming etc an iPad can do everything other tablets can do
24. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Don't forget angry birds and temple run
7. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
if you are just going to be browsing on the internet and playing a few games, then the ipad is waste of money - unless you can get it a reduced price. Plus, I love being able to hold my Nexus 7 with one hand....
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the other tablets are collecting dust on Best Buy shelfs I mean the got ordered but not sold
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And yet iPAD is down to 52%. from 81% ... contradictory isn't it :)
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
hmmm your 52% is wrong go check a credible source
19. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Here you go stupid iSheep, and dont give any BS that Forbes isn't credable. Just bend over and accept the facts like a man.
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
If Tablet = iPad ( ... people buy Samsung TAB as it looks like Apple Ipad) then iPAD is 100% maket share of iPad oops Tablet
So sorry for disappointing you with that 52% figure .. Apple holds 100% of iPad market share :D
23. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Alright, everyone.. HELLO!?
Here is the deal.. safari that doesn't run on desktop mode so it is registered as an iPad device.
I imagine most of android tablet owners put their native browser preference to desktop user agents so they don't get registered at all!