Google Nexus 4 and Google Nexus 10 to hit Google Play Store in time for breakfast in Germany
0. phoneArena 12 Nov 2012, 14:35 posted on
According to a Google employee, Stefan Keuchel, the Google Nexus 4 and Google Nexus 10 will both launch on November 13th as expected, but not as soon as the clock strikes 12 in the states; instead, both devices should be up at the Google Play Store in time for breakfast in Germany...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1087; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
when is it going to come in the Play Store where I live :(
4. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It depends on your needs.. If you want a fully functional phone with a mature ecosystem, the nexus 4 is for you.
9. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 254; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Dude, i find your answer to be misleading
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8666; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's an opinion that happens to hold truth behind it.
27. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 254; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
his reply was indicating that he is biased towards Android, it was not a balanced answer based on a balanced comparison...my 2 cents
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Why you so butthurt dude?
The N4 is the more functional one between those two, due to Android's versatility and a much better ecosystem. And since it's a Nexus, support from devs for this device is going to be insane. Apart from its camera capabilities(which is quite disappointing since it's nowhere near advertised), what can you say about the 920? It's not even sure that it'll be updated to the next WP.
22. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mature ecosystem id give you but wp8 ecosystem is growing and growing well,plus the 920 is fully functional.
29. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"is growing and growing" doesn't mean it'll reach Android maturity. Only future will tell.
30. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Well let's face it many on here believe android to be this immaculate piece of perfect which is far from the case,it took android 4 years to be at the point it is now. When it first started it want great.
Wp8 is off to a better start I'd say which is needed in these times. But fact is the 920 is just as functional as the nexus 4.
3. Aeires (unregistered)
As an owner of a GSM GNex, I've been on the fence about getting the N4. From what I've read, the build quality is solid and it's the fastest Android handset yet built. For the price Google is asking, I think I'll be ordering mine tomorrow morning.
6. buccob (Posts: 1483; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
The Note 2 is faster and I think the Asus PadFone 2 is up there head to head with the N4...
Anyway, whichever of those beasts is a good choice... I will wait for the PadFone 2 american version
11. Aeires (unregistered)
The Padfone 2 is really what I'd prefer because of the monitor docking station, but I've just about given up on it seeing T-Mobile bands.
16. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I would be willing to bet the Nexus 4 is as fast, or most likely faster, then the Galaxy Note 2. I would base that argument solely around the software support from Google, and the phone being built specifically with the software in mind. With that being said, I think the GN2 is a badass phone as well. Just my 2 cents.
5. jacobxtyler (Posts: 26; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
hope we figure out a time soon, otherwise ill be up all night with class at 8:30 in the morning...
7. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Sad google didn't release in all carriers.. This has to be released later on 4g ltd carriers
8. sarb009 (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Hey mr. Upgrade spend some money from ur pocket its just f*****g 300$. Dont just rely on subsidised devices
10. Plexicle (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
"...let everyone in the U.S. know not to expect the devices to be available for sale as soon as the clock strikes 12 on Monday night. Instead, the new Google Nexus 4 smartphone and the beastly Google Nexus 10 will both be ready for orders around breakfast time in Germany which is early morning Pacific time in the United States..."
^ This confuses me.
9:00AM in Germany (when he said was "breakfast") is 12:00AM PST in the States.
This doesn't disprove a midnight release-- on the contrary, it pretty much confirms it.
14. The_Innovation (Posts: 563; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
You're right. They are 9 hours ahead of us.
12. The_Innovation (Posts: 563; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
This phone is the actual game changer in the industry, whether it's with software or hardcore hardware, but you see Google saying stupid things like; "This changes everything." Even though it does compared to the ancient iProduct technologies.
13. jeck77 (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
I'm confused by all the bloggers who keep repeating this story. Why would anyone assume the German employee, who wrote his post in German, to all his German followers, would be lettings us Americans know not to sit in front of our computers at midnight? Wouldn't one assume that he meant that comment towards Germans? As Plexicle said, 9am in Germany equates to 12am Pacific standard...
15. The_Innovation (Posts: 563; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I wonder if Android 4.2 will come out at that time as well?
25. xfire99 (Posts: 542; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 comes with Android 4.2.
26. The_Innovation (Posts: 563; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
What I meant was; will Android 4.2 come out to other devices like the Nexus 7, and Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I know it will, just wondering if it will happen tomorrow.
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
IT IS HERE!!!!
20. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
It depends on what time Germans eat breakfast in the morning.
Germany 6am = USA 12am EST
Germany 7am = USA 12am CST
Germany 8am = USA 12am MST
Germany 9am = USA 12am PST
Hoping for the earliest :)
21. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Oh, I live in Chicago so I hope Google starts selling the Nexus 4 at 12am EST or 11pm CST (my time)
24. mydi.maus (unregistered)
ROLL OVER IPHONE 5 and GALAXY S3 ..NEXUS 4 IS READY TO RULE.