Google Nexus 10 rumored for the fall, might cost just $300 for the 16GB version
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2012, 07:21 posted on
Google's eventual 10" Nexus tablet is apparently going to come in 16GB and 32GB flavors, but that doesn't mean it will be much more expensive than the Nexus 7. In fact, the 16GB version is said to cost only $50 more than its 7" equivalent...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Yes!! iPad killer from Google...
but now confused b/w nexus 10 or nexus7 !!
20. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
This! I just preordered the Nexus 7 may have to either give it to another family member or cancel and wait for the Nexus 10!
3. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Give this baby an Micro SD Card+Rear Camera, this Baby is gonna rape the iPad! :))
5. rd_nest (Posts: 862; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Actually I don't think much about rear cam.. MicroSD is required.
9. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Nexus(es?) never have MicroSD, don't get your hope up
23. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Micro SD is more important, but of course having a rear camera is better than nothing right? :)
11. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Rear Cam and an SD is required, as with an HD screen and good processor.
because ipad users will boast about the ipad's camera, retina display and fluidity.
we should have Jellybean, etc etc.
18. slickric620 (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I actually don't want to pay extra for a camera on a tablet. I always have my phone on me. I also don't need an SD card slot since most of my media is cloud based. If I'm going on a plane ride I'll just pull it down to my internal storage. This tablet will fit my needs exactly. Key part because being the great processor and the killer price.
4. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Just launch a Nexus 7 with a SD card and that would be a big win as it just costs a few bucks for companies to put a SD card in a device and after that just up the price a bit
After then the Nexus 7 will sell like hot cakes..!!
6. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if it has an HDMI, it will be my tablet upgrade without a doubt unless W8 shows something spectacular in that price range.
7. azri05 (unregistered)
Tired with the Tegra 3. I'll took exynos or s4 over tegra3 anytime
8. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Google is setting up shop!
Nexus Phone/Tablet/Home Multimedia
they are innovators so there's a lot more to come...
iPad will only be a memory and wont stand a chance...
this WILL be my tablet... i dont think Windows will be able to compete...
10. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 85; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
10-inch Nexus will be iPad-size. Or not...
Sory for my bad English ^_^
12. aayupanday (Posts: 531; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4120; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Hopefully they don't sacrifice screen resolution to reduce the price. Would love to have this, but only if they include an HD screen, otherwise I might go to the Transformer Infinity series
17. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
about time a company stepped up and righted the wrong that apple created.. $500-800 for tabs that cost $200 to make.. yes, the original iPad had $229 in parts (http://www.ign.com/articles/20
10/02/10/ipad-costs-only-229-to-produce ), did not need a $500-800 price tab starting this over priced tab market we have today.
Tabs at $99-299 will blow the tab market wide open and of course we have Google/Amazon to thank and as usual no thanks to apple and their huge profit margins. Amazon, Google realize that even if they sell it at cost, they blow it wide open with all the services they reap rewards from...
This is why Apple is the king of all profit, because they don't care about anything other than huge profit margins, even would it would benefit them to lower the hardware price and sell the crap out of their services. Hell if OG iPad was $249 we'd all own one but now, who cares about iPad when other tabs have better specs and better values.
22. downphoenix (Posts: 2490; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Well to be fair, the Ipads cost more to make now. I think I remember reading it was about $335 to make the new ipad 16gb model. That said, still a pretty nice profit on the device, but nto as much as they were getting.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd take this and a Motorola Nexus this Fall. c: