Google Maps updated with 25 million new building footprints
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2012, 06:59 posted on
Google Maps has gone berserk with updates in the last few days and weeks, and coincidental or not all those updates…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
What a job!
7. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 384; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Google maps kick Nokia Maps out of the competition as soon as possible.The only difference between both these maps is database.
8. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Nah, I still prefer the typography in Nokia's maps. Makes it look a lot cleaner.
Nokia maps looks better, Google maps is better (as a map).
2. android_hitman (unregistered)
and apple maps is crawling ...
6. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Why Apple in each and every article?
Huh..PA is getting full of haters.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wow. Maps for Chicago looks a lot better. Good job Google!
5. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
just like in game gta/driver maps. great for free distributed service. we paid almost nothing and get this great of sevice. i really do honor google for this kind of service.
9. jroc74 (Posts: 6005; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. Free GPS, turn by turn navigation is one of the reasons why I chose Android over the iPhone in 2010. Was close to getting an iPhone too. I am satisfied with my decision....and it all started with me getting the Droid 1.
10. weedl (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
i wish google map have more view with 10 m above the ground cause in my city the view stiil max 20 m above the ground while bing maps come with max 10 m above the ground but the advantage on google map it's used by wikimap so i can mark a building or road that's seem not marking in gmap or bing maps ...but i'm gratefull thank's for the service..
11. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
what would you expect for getting free map service on a free os distributed. WE PAID ALMOST NOTING BUT THE ADS! so it is already more than expected service. but, i wonder, why did my small home town get luckily 100m detailed! Just try search Magetan Jawa Timur Indonesia on gmaps.