Google Maps updated for Android, brings awesome Bubble Buttons
1. rex0422 (Posts: 30; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Just updated on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer. It's great and very useful. Go and get the update!!!
2. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
dude..bubble buttons have been in the Labs for a REALLY long time..since i had my Devour.
4. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
yeah, it was a fine phone til i heard it wasn't going to get updated...then free Droid 2 replacement for meee! ;P
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
like really the Devour was a good phone. it would've been better if it had gotten the support it should've got. hardware wise it was better than the Droid.
6. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
of course Megan Fox was in the commercial in a bath tub. They new some horny nerd would go buy it.
7. PhoneLuver (Posts: 480; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
This worries me. While Google says it won't favour one manufacturer over the next, its track record isn't all that impressive.
Many OS' use Google maps, yet I have yet to have any significant upgrade to Google maps on IOS. No wonder WP7 will use Nokia maps instead.
Looks like some ecosystems and manufacturers are more equal than others after all..
Meego will be the only 'true' open source mobile OS and if Google isn't careful, OEMs will make the jump.
8. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I think that bada is open source as well, but it is limited i think.
But MeeGo will be the only true open source now.
9. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Google won't be updating Google Maps for iOS anytime soon. It is a luxury to get updates on Android OS. Basic "maps" is all the other OSes need and is still popular by choice throughout all OSes.
Besides Apple announced they would release their own map after the whole tracking fiasco.
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
WP7 has being using bing maps, also MS hasn't released any of their apps for android either (windows live related) or apple releasing iTunes so I don't see why Google should be doing so. Google maps navigation is an android selling point.... and may remain on android
10. Moo (unregistered)
I can tell you that new google app for android is really good.