Google Maps navigation extended to 19 new countries, brings back Offline
- Africa: Cameroon, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Uganda
- Latin America: Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand
- Europe: Slovenia
- Middle East: Oman
1. jeanrivera (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
Puerto Rico also has been added to beta navigation region finally!!!!!
@phonearena could you guys make guide on how to use navigation, i'm still trying to figure it out, it seems the only way to do it for me is by using google now, I can't find how to start navigation inside the google maps app itself
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
That's easy, type the name of a place a card will show up, tap on it and it will show all the routes, tap on anyone you want and hit start
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2068; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Does Google Navigation use the same offline data? I know in order to work, GNav needs active connection, but does it use the preloaded offline map to save mobile data, or it downloads the info still?
4. Johnnokia (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Nokia maps still better and have a wider coverage region
5. Getulio (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
This is great news. I am a diehard fan of google maps, now even more because it is being offered in the Dominican Republic.