Google Maps just got its ‘biggest ever’ update improving Street View with 250,000 miles of roads
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2012, 04:03 posted on
Google Maps has just gotten its ‘biggest ever’ update adding Street View to a whopping 250,000 miles of roads…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Google always come up with something great.
This is a message for other map companies.
Their is nothing like Google Map.
5. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
dunno why you got thumbed down just for stating nokia maps
8. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
true, alot of hate on here for competition.
well i'll say nokia maps is just as good as google maps,
18. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Nokia maps are best for many Asian countries like India..!
19. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
not just asian country's though, in general nokia maps is on par with google maps
23. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Google have Street view whereas Nokia have a proper and probably better offline navigation.
25. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
In my case Google Map help me more than Nokia map.
11. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
apple is so gonna be pissed right now. I wonder what cook is thinking - if he can think that is. i mean getting rid of google maps? really makes me doubt his intelligence.
15. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
actually maps cant kill IOS FYI.. if ios maps is annoying,then ios users can alwys use google map or nokia map or bing map or the likes through websites or apps store, And btw, reduce ur ego dude and being a fanboy,, obsession can kill you i swear.. peace,
20. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
im not a fanboy. you dont have to be fanboy to say apple's move of using crappy apple maps and ditching google maps was extremely stupid for the time and not even putting beta over it. and if you can already access them through websites, what was the whole point of making an app for it dufus.
24. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
true..just like Nokia, Apple has it's loyal customers.
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
the only thing Google maps lack is database unlike Navteq maps.so hurry up Google & cover the whole world in ur maps.
7. Galen20K (Posts: 524; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
I applaud you Google, thank you so much for being an actual Innovator in the tech world instead of just "claiming" to be while stifling other more promanant companies with simple litigation. Classy, very classy - D
9. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
calm down they haven't re-invented the wheel, besides this isnt innovation its improvement
10. KickRocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Sorry apple.......GOOGLE is king here! Thats how you update maps for your customers
14. Connie.Linghus (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
That's not a very nice statement to write. It really isn't Apple's fault that their mAps' Service is inferior. One can't denegrade an entire flock if you will because they simply insist on misfollowing tyranny. We must continue to support Apple in its' endeavors; for, only with an example of great iNcompetence and great misguiDance, can Google continue to deliver Great Example.
16. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
why so much hate buddy?? i bet google company paid you for that words.. loyal fan huh?? amazing..
22. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
google's work is what makes people love them so they dont need money to get people going.
17. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
maybe atm apple maps is not that competitive or not that accurate but updates will come anytime soon or idk.. but not a big deal anyway,,can alwys use google map or nokia map.. ^^V