Google Maps goes retro to 8-bit for April Fool's Day
The map below is the 8-bit Google Maps representation of New York City, so you can see exactly what we are talking about here. We're not sure how long Google will leave this up for, but it could be down as soon as Monday morning. If you want to be amused, you might want to check out a number of locations on Sunday.
New York City as an 8-bit Google Map
Continuing the joke, Google released a video touting this new 8-bit Google Maps for NES. For a surefire belly laugh, click on the video below.
1. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
This recalls me of NEO GEO. AMSTRAD 464. SEGA....
The 90s.... ATARI. COMMODORE. AMIGA... SPECTRUM...
3. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your welcome! :)
i think they should leave it up. its funny. i navigated all over the place last night in 8 bit. lolz
5. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 819; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
....because this has everything to do with phones....
8. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 206; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Becuz most people use their phones for navigation. Some people just are just alittle slow sometimes.
9. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your right.. google and navigation have nothing to do with phones. gawd phone arena, u should know better than to post anything about google or navigation!! tisk tisk!
7. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 206; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
That is a great idea. Lol.