Google Maps adds in-navigation voice controls and more
2. Johnabis (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
Google maps hasn't been the same since the last major update. Example it will put me on another street for 10 seconds as the GPS isn't as accurate anymore,. then it Will recalculate back to the correct street but update my route so its takes the longer route! the older version did not do this before.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 2557; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
If it is showing you on the wrong street, that is because of your phone not the maps software. Basically your location services are reporting your location more loosely than they should. Try enabling wifi when using GPS since having even a disconnected wifi active allows it to triangulate your position using available nearby wifi networks.
9. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Not so much the phone as the OS, which again brings us back to Google... ;-)
3. NLiveris (Posts: 11; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
These all seem like great features but maps is getting a bit fat and bloated. Unless you have one of the newest phones and 100% full signal strength on an unloaded tower, maps takes forever to open.
and the "new" Google maps on the desktop is practically unusable, even when my Windows Experience Index is 7.3.
5. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Google maps on desktop works fine for me and I have a WEI of 4.8....
7. Finalflash (Posts: 2557; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
He does have a point, the windows version is a bit heavy right now. But they just switched to this new polymer style version so it will probably be ironed out in a month or so.
8. Jinto (Posts: 426; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Of course they would, they think the world revolves around them
10. tedkord (Posts: 9080; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Then they'd file patents for the exact same thing.
11. MpowerSkills (Posts: 41; Member since: 19 Feb 2011)
Google Maps keeps asking me to sign in again when I start up the app on my iphone.