Google Maps' Street View goes underwater
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Sep 2012, 04:24
It looks like the next frontier for Google Maps' Street View will be the depths of the oceans and seas. The company has already released the first areas that can be explored in a 360-degree panoramic view, and we've got to say - they look quite impressive...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. cepcamba posted on 26 Sep 2012, 05:23 6 0
Nah, with Mars One coming up that's just too mainstream :p
8. neutralguy posted on 26 Sep 2012, 05:47 4 0
Outer space it is! They'll try to launch an hubble like telescope with 360 degrees capability and that would be legen.. wait for it..
still wait for it because this might come after 20 years..
dary! LEGENDARY! :D
2. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 04:35 15 1
Wow now this just blows Apple little map right out the water... Aha
15. Kronic (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 08:18 0 4
Wait for a year and we shall see. Besides, iOS maps is a first gen product. Google maps has been here for a while so it has to be better than iOS maps.
20. Savage posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:47 0 0
For a year? That's too much to ask from a company which is known to provide incremental updates. Most Apple can do in a year is get the data of USA right for their maps. The whole world will have to wait for another year.
And here, Google's already underwater. By the time Apple gets Earth right, Google would progress to Moon or Mars.
23. Jobes posted on 26 Sep 2012, 13:46 0 0
Everyone take note.. this is the new iExcuse "give it time.. Google has been around so ofcourse its better but.. iMaps will get better with time.. just give it time......because magically after a year Apple will in a new revolutionary way surpass the data that Google already has"
7. neutralguy posted on 26 Sep 2012, 05:44 10 0
Nice one google! It's like an slap to iOS maps. :D hahaha
9. matrix_neo posted on 26 Sep 2012, 05:48 9 0
Great job Google. I'm proud coz Philippines was included, we really have beautiful beaches and diving sites. Another remarkable job for Google maps, what can you say Nokia, MS, and apple maps?
11. matrix_neo posted on 26 Sep 2012, 05:54 7 0
Why they called it street view, whereas it is under water? Lol how about ocean view or sea view. :-D
13. Adithya7184 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:19 3 0
now ....nokia will follow google with sea-lense...lolzzz
19. superguy posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:41 1 0
This is totally freaking cool. I love seeing the sea turtle swimming at the Great Barrier Reef.
24. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 22:50 0 0
i greatful that google appreciate the beauty of marine biodiversity of the Philippines!