Google Maps 6.0 for Android adds Indoor Maps
The minor updates include a new dropdown menu, which allows you to quickly switch between the different sub-apps of Google Maps like Navigation, Places, Latitude, Places, Location History, and My Places, and a new Places homescreen, which includes popular searches to make finding things easier.
Of course, this update is Android only. And, while there's no real reason why Indoor Maps couldn't be cross-platform eventually, they are showing up only on Android right now, not even on the web.
source: Google Mobile Blog, Indoor Maps location list, Upload a floor plan
1. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow, thats instant service. i just G+'ed the link out.. ha! :)
OK, now that G-maps has gone indoor.. whats left? outter space? navigate mars?
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Mars is done:http://www.google.com/mars/
and outer space has been partially done:http://www.google.com/sky/http://www.google.com/mobile/s
oh, and the Moon too:http://moon.google.com
and the ocean:http://earth.google.com/ocean/
Anything else you need mapped?
5. jdrevolution (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
For the men: A women's brain, for the women: a man's brain. The critical difference? Clothes and beer+sandwhichs. Can we map the rest?
13. ibap (Posts: 710; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
First you have to locate the "man's brain" - and I'll leave you to guess where to find it...
8. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow.. ok, got me there :) I shouldnt be surprised though..lol.
hey, wheres mercury and venus? Titan? We are sending probes to titan to look for life.. are you telling me there is no map?? how will they know where to go without google-interstellar-nav? :)
9. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ooh.. the google moon one was pretty cool. I couldnt find any transformer wrecks though by the Apollo landers. :)
mars one was kind of a let down. same photo just run over n over again. :(
i knew the oceans got done.. that was like maps 3.0 or 4.0 wasnt it?
HEY!! the moon one is the same.. they only show a small part of the moon, replayed over n over n over again. WTH!! Maybe there really is an alien robot ship crash landed on the dark side? lol
3. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
That lookes awesome. Google is doing some great work here.
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
This is awesome all by itself. Even more awesome because the latest Apple rumor on its next service was a map service that would do this, and now Google is like \"haha, in b4 Apple.\" :D
12. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ya but microsoft was like in b4 google... they did this first...
20. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
get a windows phone.. i have been using it since mango a long time ago
21. Ivan6479 (Posts: 244; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
A long time ago huh? I thought Mango has only been out for a few months?
23. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
developer preview flashed to my focus… thats been since like the beginning of summer.. i dont even remember
11. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
does anyone know where i can find the apk? update is not available in my country?!?! Croatia... that's weird...
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I guess fandroids do have a clue...well actually they have a map.... another reason to never leave their room... hmmm (being sarcastic fandroids.. dont get up in arms... from your phone)....
15. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So. When I make a joke and you bitch about it and I clue you in that it\'s a joke, you claim that I\'m backpedaling or whatever... but I\'m suddenly supposed to be A-okay with whatever insults you want to come up with, so long as you claim you\'re joking?
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ok Sniggly it seems that you are not ok... talk to me.. tell me your feelings... in 10 words or less..
17. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Here it is in two words: double standards.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the primary reason for not leaving the house isnt google maps
its big couch + beer + skyrim = never leaving. :)