Google I/O’s 6,000 attendees all get free Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 tablet and Nexus Q
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2012, 14:02 posted on
Google I/O 2012 is just kicking off, but right from the very first keynote the event has been super intense - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the Google Nexus 7 tablet, the Nexus Q device…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. itiswhatitis (Posts: 422; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I should have get a ticket !!!!!
12. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Looks like we'll be seeing unofficial Jelly Bean for Galaxy Nexus soon.
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Can't wait for a custom 4.1 Rom for the SGS3 :D
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4015; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am going to Google I/O next year. I will be there, I promise you that.
18. Alantef (Posts: 284; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
i will see you there! $900 and you get it right back! awesome why i will NEVER leave android
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4015; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean. Imagine what they will be giving out next year. lol
I am so there. $900.00 is nothing. I will meet you there & I will get us a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red. How does that sound.
21. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
I think there are also discounts for students. Yay me!
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5593; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the tickets were crazy expensive i remember. i saw them and thought "yeah, i better get a boatload of stuff for this price!"
29. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6448; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
same thinking of going to NEXT YEAR i/o!
36. StringCheese01 (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
I hope they make you code to get a ticket next year so all these freeloaders will go somewhere else and not ruin it for people who actually want to learn
2. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
beat this Apple!!!!
6. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
Apple WWDC tickets: $1600
Gift: the fact to know that iOs every time is looking more to android.
Google I/O tickets: $900
Gift: a Galaxy Nexus, a Nexus 7, a Nexus Q and the fact to know that Google loves you...
23. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
One of these companies doesnt have to bribe their event goers. can you guess which ?
34. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
And because they can give you 3 devices wich worth almost the tickets you buy...
31. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Apple paid out over $5 billion to developers of Apps on the iOS system. The message is you can get filthy rich if you work hard, have a great app, and the app works flawless on iOS.
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
WWDC - costs 1600$. People get for free... nothing.
Google I\O costs 900$ - people get for free a Galaxy Nexus (200$ worth), Nexus 7(200$ worth), Nexus Q (250$ worth). That leaves entry down to 250$
1600$ - Apple
250$ - Google
Know the difference. :)
7. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
* Galaxy Nexus $349.00
* Nexus Q $299.00
* $53 - Google
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Oh - sorry - well that's 53$ then lol. :)
You pay 30x the price for 1/500 the value.
10. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
You still have to fork over the $900 beforehand and ordered a ticket within 20 minutes. -_-
11. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 202; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
Gnexus 399.99 as listed on google play
Nexus 7 199.99 as mentioned in announcement
Nexus Q 299.99 as mentioned in announcement
Google ticket 900$
you make everything back plus you get to walk away from a google conference after having gotten s**tfaced to paul oakenfeld
13. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
f**k YEAH!! Free s**t + Paul Oakenfold! Trance master.
14. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Go look at the actual prices on the play store.
4. maxkobi (Posts: 30; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
that was DEFINITELY worth the ticket! damn wish i could be one of them.. and a Dev model of glass? even at 1500 there bringing the future to us... im in awe
5. Galen20K (Posts: 512; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
daaaaang, that is a lot of Swag!! best year ever for swag really.
9. CellularNinja (Posts: 302; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Wooohhh!! That's insanely awesome! That's alot of money for the tickets but you get alot of the money back that's for sure.
17. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
you realize that people who go to google io are android fans and developers. half of them probably have a galaxy nexus already
and i bet some might have motorola xoom
so 2 galaxy nexuses might not be that useful
19. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
A free Galaxy Nexus = profit to be made. Plus, as a developer it's severely convenient to have an extra on end just in case of brick or maybe wanting to have two builds installed.
25. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
you make a valid point but still its not as useful
you can usually restore it after a brick, hard bricks are pretty rare unless you flashed the unofficial ics update to gsII
20. mobilefuture (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
My friend so couldve gone there but he doesnt give a crap about phones or anything related, and he lives in california, while im in pakistan :(
God i wish i had been there...
But we dont count as developers, do we? So we wouldnt get the gifts, would we?
26. valapsp (Posts: 474; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
The ticket was $900. C'mon you get 3 devices + a t-shirt. That was fairrrrrrrrr.
28. cityeighteen (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Man, Google really treats their developers well.
30. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6448; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Google i/o IS MUCH CHEAPER THAN APPLE greedy ticket for 1,200 or so
32. mercorp (Posts: 969; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Why not give us the glasses instead,or a galaxy s3?
33. mercorp (Posts: 969; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
PA,please give away tickets for google IO 2013 next year.
35. robocopvn (Posts: 180; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
I guess 2013 Google Developer I/O tickets will be sold in 5 minutes :((. Paying $900, get 1 phone, 1 tablet, 1 home entertainment device, and the greatest thing is be able to attend the best event when everyone have to stay at home and watch lolz