Google Hangouts app updated to add more emoji and butter
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2013, 20:36 posted on
Google has just updated its Google Hangouts app for Android; among the new features are some more emoji added by Google, while a dollop of butter has been added to the app to make sure that Google Hangouts runs smoothly. And a number of bugs have been exterminated. Hangouts, formerly known as Google Talk, allows for one-on-one and group conversations among Android and iOS users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
This app sucks, it show every single contact on my phone, not just the ones who have the app...
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its because you can call them for free with it.
4. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Not in my country, and it is not just contact with a phone, it shows, facebook contacts, tweeter, yahoo and all those other contacts that have no phone
2. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
They need to integrate SMS almost no one I know used Google + it's useless to me lol. Plus get the better looking emoji set and its perfect
5. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
TBH i prefer the emoji integrated into Jelly Bean over these. The single color and simple design look classy and unified.
7. blazee (Posts: 407; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
but they look boring, i prefer the hangouts emojis
6. Myrith (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I still haven't upgraded from Talk since they still haven't put online status into the Hangouts app. They're probably just trying to increase use, but... sigh.
8. blazee (Posts: 407; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
posting a status is really that important to you ? lol
9. Myrith (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
No, seeing whether people are online or away. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but in certain circumstances I don't like messaging people when they're away.
10. Jklaz (Posts: 159; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
SMS integration and a cleaner way to display contacts would be perfect on this app. The video calling kills everything I've ever used period. I love being able to hangout with PCs and phones at the same time on a a video conference but really nobody uses Google + so its confusing