Google Hangouts app updated to add more emoji and butter
Like the recent YouTube update, the Google Hangouts app is taking its sweet time making its way across the entire Android platform. That means if it isn't available for your phone today, have no fear because it eventually will be available for your phone. The latest update of the app takes it to version 126.96.36.1998356 and you can try the "My Apps" section of the Google Play Store to see if the update is hiding for you there.
Considering that there aren't too many changes that come with the update, those who are anxious to install it must have a fondness for using emojis.
source: Hangouts via IntoMobile
1. marbovo (Posts: 333; Member since: 16 May 2013)
This app sucks, it show every single contact on my phone, not just the ones who have the app...
3. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its because you can call them for free with it.
4. marbovo (Posts: 333; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Not in my country, and it is not just contact with a phone, it shows, facebook contacts, tweeter, yahoo and all those other contacts that have no phone
2. datsyuk (Posts: 134; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
They need to integrate SMS almost no one I know used Google + it's useless to me lol. Plus get the better looking emoji set and its perfect
5. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
TBH i prefer the emoji integrated into Jelly Bean over these. The single color and simple design look classy and unified.
7. blazee (Posts: 197; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
but they look boring, i prefer the hangouts emojis
6. Myrith (Posts: 53; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I still haven't upgraded from Talk since they still haven't put online status into the Hangouts app. They're probably just trying to increase use, but... sigh.
8. blazee (Posts: 197; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
posting a status is really that important to you ? lol
9. Myrith (Posts: 53; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
No, seeing whether people are online or away. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but in certain circumstances I don't like messaging people when they're away.
10. Jklaz (Posts: 86; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
SMS integration and a cleaner way to display contacts would be perfect on this app. The video calling kills everything I've ever used period. I love being able to hangout with PCs and phones at the same time on a a video conference but really nobody uses Google + so its confusing