Google Glass used in the OR for the first time
0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2013, 20:22 posted on
Here's a little story for all of those detractors who say that Google Glass is nothing more than way to secretly take pictures and video of people hanging around in shady bars; Dr. Rafael Grossmann, of the Eastern Maine Medical Center, just used the device to help him record a surgical procedure. The patient had given his consent, so there was nothing sinister going on...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ardiralph (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
I wish i had one and i am not a surgeon haha
2. kozza3 (Posts: 629; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
beautiful way to use the device
we need more of this
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 15634; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now that's what I'm talking about. Tech being used to help save lives, iPads in the dr. office, glass in the OR...nice.
4. amancarlos (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 May 2012)
there is a serious lack of useful medical apps on all mobile platforms.
7. jroc74 (Posts: 5537; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
"The Doctor set up a Google Glass Hangout which connected to an Apple iPad which received the live streaming feed from the Google Glass device that he wore."
Fanboys take notes....nothing wrong with appreciating and using whatever device, OS, ect you want to use.
8. sudhiir.reddy (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Live sex porn business is waiting for this products...
9. voxmarc (Posts: 324; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
then the patients woke up with google now voice and an ass that records video.
10. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Soon windows 8 tablets will occupy the office. Thanks to Intel Haswell.
11. MyJobSux (Posts: 87; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Now you can review your surgery and see the doctor sneeze while performing some type of open whatever surgery, HAHA. Its not funny but just think if the doctor was going over your sucessfull surgery and all the sudden he sneezed and his mask fell off...then you would know why you had the flu after the surgery. Just something to think about.