Google Glass might cost $300 at launch
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2013, 09:40 posted on
Google Glass might launch by the end of the year, but its price could turn out to be much more affordable than you’d think…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1125; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Google classic: latest technology at affordable prices :)
Not sure about Glass, though
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6141; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
sign me up next also i'll buy at 300 $XD price point
3. marbovo (Posts: 599; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Good price, but I still think it´s awkward walk on the street wearing those glasses while everybody look at me
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5461; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Punks, goths, emos, unnaturally big fake tits and so on... (I won't mention all other "awkward" "phenomenons" since it may be against PhoneArena.com rules.) this is what in my opinion is really awkward. Google Glass is not awkward at all, it is fine. :)
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 2565; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Then don't. We don't have to force it on yourself. I am comfortable wearing it so no issue for me.
Another way would be to use a lan yard to take it off when you don't feel like wearing it.
18. cse.vicky (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Well at $300 dont worry, you will be not be the only one wearing them on streets :P
4. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I got to try them, they're cool. Fit VERY comfortably, and voice recog. works amazing. Camera shots are pretty decent as well. I'll be pre-ordering as soon as i get the chance. Especially if they're at the $300 price point.
39. Sakeem (Posts: 131; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I did to and it was better than I expected. The possibilities with glass are amazing. Can't wait to see what devs come up with.
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3224; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Why not just get a tablet with more features for that price? The costs outweigh the benefit and practical use of the glasses.
7. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I wouldn't say that. Not yet anyway. Glass's features will largely be connected to it's developers and how they think (or don't think) out of the box. Smart developers, smart product.
Also, tablets have to be carried around. Glass remains on your face, which I consider to be a benefit.
9. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1125; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
" Why not just get a tablet with more features for that price? "
lmao didn't expect this sort of comment from a krapple fanboy
10. nobelset (Posts: 268; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
The uses are very different. You don't wanna glue your face to a tablet where ever you go, like walking on the streets, or even crossing it. Yes, sadly, people these days do that. I don't really know if it distracts or helps you when driving so I'll leave that out. A lot more functions than that Btw- Record a crime in progress instantly? . I myself think that's an important feature.
11. TylerGrunter (Posts: 864; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Because you would look really silly wearing a tablet in front of you attached to your hat!
15. Sauce (unregistered)
Why not just get a car instead of a motorcycle? That is how moronic you sound. Use your brain and think why, on a non idiotic brain thought.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6141; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
this have nothing too do with a tablet.
29. SellPhones82 (Posts: 474; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Well you could "sync" it to your tab and access it while it's in your briefcase or something. You right though, Glass is an accessory to be used with a phone, phablet, or tab...it's not a standalone device.
34. slyhounddog (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
Good point. In fact, why even have cell phones when we can have corded phones for cheaper? Actually, come to think of it, why have phones when we could just mail letters instead? You're welcome.
12. TylerGrunter (Posts: 864; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I wanted to wait till they mature a bit more and buy the second version. But for that price I may buy one next year when they are out.
13. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
$299 in the USA but i can guarantee that wont translate to the UK (£192). You just know it will be £299 ($465). It really annoys me that the UK government taxes the b****cks off of everything!!!!
30. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
your welcome to join us, we have plenty of room and extra money
35. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Sure, but good luck becoming a legal resident of the US...
14. a_merryman (Posts: 605; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
300 seems pretty reasonable for the product, especially if they offer it with real corrective lenses or sun-glass lenses at that price. Most high end sunglasses are around 300 already, and they dont have a computer in them, or a mini tv screen.
16. harigrg33 (Posts: 142; Member since: 20 May 2013)
M still thinking what is the use google glasss???????
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6141; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
PREYS AND HOPES it will cost 300$
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6141; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
@ Victor H. do u know how much the Android OS DEV kit cost a few years ago before we have Android OS? just wondering
26. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I want a pair but I wear glasses. So they are going to have to make some with my prescription in it. lol
27. kanagadeepan (Posts: 634; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Smoking hot price...
But after seeing the rumor and reality of Moto X's price, I will not hold my breath... Pinch of salt will not be enough...
28. SellPhones82 (Posts: 474; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
At that price they must not be manufacturing the final version of Glass in the USA like they did with the “Explorer Edition”.
32. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
i will buy 3 one for me one for my dad and one for my dog.....
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5461; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Don't forget to buy one for me too. ;)
36. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
I have been waiting for this device for some time... I don't care too much for anything but the recording as I will use if for recording when on my motorcycle.
37. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5461; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I don't care too much for anything but the recording as I will use if for recording when on my motorcycle."
Then why just don't use an action camera, wouldn't it be cheaper?
38. lyndon420 (Posts: 1687; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I will be in line for one...most definitely.
40. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
if it was waterproof or at least resitant but i'll get for 300