Google Glass makes Time's best inventions list of 2012
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2012, 00:49 posted on
One of Time Magazine's best inventions for 2012 in the $600-$1200 price range is the unreleased Google Glass even though not too many outside Google have tried it and our knowledge of how it works is limited to Google produced videos...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Heck, didn't they add Galaxy Note II in the list?
5. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
eh, who invented the phablet category for the first time? huh? Fruit company?
7. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
im saying that the note 2 isn't an invention -_- it's an evolution of the note 1 which yes, did create the phablet genre. apple hasn't really been revolutionary since 2007
10. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Never heard any one calling it a phablet. At least not until the original note was released
13. satanrules (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
So it's about the word "Phablet" not the idea.
22. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Actually, yes it is. It's like the iPad in this case. Microsoft is the first company to create a functional tablet, but business never really took off until the first generation iPad was released. There hasn't been an android tablet before the iPad or any tablet that had an OS optimised for a tablet experience(not that iOS is an "optimal" tablet OS, but it basically created the genre". Heck by that time wikipedia categorised it as a PC. Not that it isn't but it did not fit into any suitable or popular sub-category at the time. There's no denying that the first "phablet" is the Dell Streak 5, but it had way too many compromises to actually create the category that it ultimately belonged to.
19. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Hell, I called the Streak a phablet when it was first rumored.
It probably wasnt coined phablet by main stream media....but some of us in forums used that term before the bloggers, writers, media.
21. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
See my 2 posts in this topic....lol.
That topic is from May- June 2010
11. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
:O forgot about that :P i stand corrected. the note 1 brought phablets to mainstream popularity then.
6. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1067; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Of course Google Galss made the innovation list...what could we expect....that a certain mapping service by a fruit company shuld've been in that list :)
2. shuaibhere (Posts: 1386; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Here comes innovation....here comes google!!!!!
14. crapdroid666 (Posts: 24; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
project glass. even Star Trek geeks will be ashamed to be seen in public looking like Cyborg aliens from mars wearing this
16. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
how can anyone be more ashamed of than walking down a street using an iphone, when a granny next to you is also using one...
24. Aeires (unregistered)
I was thinking of being ashamed of talking to Siri in public, but yours works too.
20. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
We are talking about Star Trek geeks. They will wear this proudly...
Star Wars ones too.
26. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
lol....glad you didnt get offended, It wasnt meant to be offensive.
It is what it is....
3. Savage (unregistered)
Meanwhile in other news, a fruit company is suing competitors over the use of stylus.
We need more news like this is the tech world. Good job and good luck Google!
8. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I just love how great technology is forming.
12. Topcat488 (Posts: 1140; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I wonder if you're allowed to wear these glasses while you're driving, ie car/motorcycle. Looks a little dangerous to me, just saying...
15. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i'm not a google fan, and most definitely NOT an apple fan, and most of the phones I had in the past were nokia products, but I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS TO GOOGLE, coz I am most definitely a fan of great innovation.
18. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
So expensive, I really waiting for this but if they put less frame because that is too revealing. I want to record some bad attitude of police man here who often rob people without they realize it. Integration google now will be great as I just need to talk 'google, what plant is this?' as I looking to the subject, and google now give scientific answer and if the subject can be usefull or poisonous. That will be daebak