Google Glass is weird, irritating to most Americans, only 10% would wear it
0. phoneArena 15 May 2013, 08:59 posted on
Google Glass is a piece of the future that should become a reality fairly soon, but from a dreamy gadget it has quickly become the object of mockery across the spectrum…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Another poor baby marketing from Microsoft? :-)
First try afterwards make a decision and talk about it ;-)
I will enjoy at least great navigation without any touch or look at my phone= simply great! :-)
5. jove39 (Posts: 1130; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yeah...I seriously wonder...who fund these surveys?
2. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
wait what ? 1000 people is simply not enough to represent all americans, The United States Of America has over 300 million people.
15. TheMan (Posts: 317; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Great, yet another schmo who cut Stats 101 the day sample size was discussed. Crack open a book, will ya?.
Regardless of the methodology, I'd expect this result for a while. Like smartphones before it, Glass will require a learning curve as people gain a greater understanding of how to integrate it into their lives. I get people all the time who'd once upon a time swear they'd never text, then never get a smartphone doing just that. And even though smartphones now outsell feature phones, the vast majority of people haven't learned to be information mavens yet, relying instead on very basic activities like email, Words with Friends, GPS.
This is the first iteration of Glass. I expect it to improve not only capability, but format as well
3. jove39 (Posts: 1130; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Out of 1000 people questioned how many have actually tried Google glass? And how many really understood the question and not confused Google Glass with literally a Glass?
Let them use Google Glass for a week and then come back with whatever they have to say...If you want your survey to be believable!
4. iami67 (Posts: 300; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Seriously what 1000 people did they ask. 1000 people from an retirement village. I know over a 1000 people just from seeing facebook post that said they want these. Stupid pointless surveys. This is just like anything else new. People said the same about camera on a phone how it is unneeded , creepy and wierd. They said small digital cameras would be invasoin of privacy./ Look were we are now with that
16. stealthd (Posts: 745; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
1000 people on facebook is not a very good indicator for what the rest of the country is like.
6. pattpatt37063 (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 May 2013)
2 years from now Apple will introduce IGLAS and the whole world will gone crazy about it
13. chocolaking (Posts: 411; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I think apple will do a better job on the smart glasses.
20. pattpatt37063 (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 May 2013)
you realize that this a developer edition right?
7. cdgoin (Posts: 335; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
As I have said before.. no one needs it.. Its an expensive toy that will make you look like a douche. You have to have a smart phone to use it and teh smart phone does what you need already. Similar to the Watches everyones talking about. Niche products that will be overpriced and die.
8. mamba (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 May 2013)
it is a crap technology...... Nice to see many people getting the right perspective... This device is impractical..
9. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 658; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Let's wait till it comes out and let the market speak for itself. Considering how many celebrities are buzzing about it I see adaptation to the common person being very seamless.
10. boosook (Posts: 605; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Don't worry, people just fear every new technology, but once they get to know it better their fears usually disappear. What's more, competitors are spreading FUD because they can't spread interesting ideas.
11. Sniggly (Posts: 6195; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And other surveys repeatedly showed that half of all Android users would switch away from it to the iPhone.
If they were accurate, Android wouldn't still be sitting at above 50 percent market share in the US alone.
12. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
when using google glass i think i would feel like an iron man.......(just kidding)
14. jonartpop (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I would wear it, it looks so cool. Pretty weird but still cool.
17. Notsosuperdave (Posts: 20; Member since: 15 May 2013)
FILTHY LIES!!! I WOULD WEAR THAT B*TCH DAY AND NIGHT! ESPECIALLY IF I COULD PLAY INGRESS WITH IT ! AND EVENTUALLY CALL, RECORD TXT BY VOICE- AND ELIMINATE THE PHONE ALTOGETHER!
19. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 658; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Ingress and turn by turn directions when walking or biking would be hugs ones for me. Long live the Resistance!
18. N-fanboy (Posts: 339; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
But if apple decides to come-up with one, 10% wouldn't wear it lolmao
21. rajagopalan.k (Posts: 34; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
there are some crazy people posting so called "analysis"
i) they said s4 is a flop before it was launched!
they said the same for s3
and the same for s2 even
ii) they said s4 won't be supported by cryogenmod!!
iii) they even said android users are SWITCHing!!!
iv) they said android user base has decreased in U.S below apple's share!!!
but you know the best thing they do,
they keep coming back even after everything they analyse is a disaster of themselves and post their stupid articles