Google Glass app in the works to recognize friends by how they dress
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 07:36 posted on
As if the irrationally intense fears about Google Glass weren't bad enough, it seems that developers at Duke University want to make things worst. Word has it that a team at Duke is building an app designed for Google Glass, which is intended to learn how your friends dress and be able to recognize them from their clothing, rather than the normal route of facial recognition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
scan the chick in front of me .......instantly pulls up her Google+ profile
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2703; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Only works if she allows herself to be found by you. It's not designed for creepers.
2. valapsp (Posts: 557; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Facial recognition way better in my idea. Hope it comes to the Glass.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2703; Member since: 26 May 2011)
No way that privacy advocates will allow facial recognition though.
5. valapsp (Posts: 557; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Right, I think Google has something up its sleeve apart from recognition by clothing. Cause it's somehow weird having to tell your friends to take some shots with different clothes. Not everybody does that.
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2703; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I assume it could work with photos you already have. It might not be necessary to take new pics specifically for this.
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think it could work with the time, like Google now... There more its used the better it becomes
11. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
How is this technology work with people who already where glasses? hmmm......
12. jfuente11 (Posts: 38; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
For them to use this Google Glass, they will need to use contact lense.
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And those lenses will have to come with "Google Approved" logo right?
13. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
probably the alternative google glass will be sold that will be able to clip onto existing glasses. in case nobody came up with this idea yet, I hereby patent this idea by making this post.
16. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Go get Lasik done then you will enjoy more.
15. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Google seems to come out with more and more products which infringes our privacy and makes the life of a criminal easy. I don't know what they are really up to but we are loosing more and more private information in exchange of free cool services and product served by them. And above all the more we get deeper with Google ecosystem the more the risk gets eventually becoming everything transparent of our private life. It will take time but one step at a time will be taken to achieve it just like now. It's a thought only (thinking current trends of Google) but its a thought ...........
17. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
You think is likely more risk you and don't buy it! For those whose are continuing to enjoy it and they will continue to like it more.