Google Glass Sessions show you the reasons you will want the device
0. phoneArena 30 Jun 2012, 03:01 posted on
When Google Glass becomes available in 2014, what will it be good for? Google is answering thse questions now with a series of videos called Google Glass Sessions; the first one shows how the life of a growing child can be shared using Google Glass...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tegradragon (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 May 2012)
I wanna know how the user sees the screen!
26. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The screen is the clear thing right in front of their eyes. It works like H.U.D.s on fighter jets.
5. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
It's the developer cost. When these actually come to market, they will be cheaper because they'll be mass-produced.
4. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think it ll make your eye sight more weak .....
6. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
this is really expensive crap. I bet, china will produce a product like this before 2013.
7. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Google always on top on Tech. Inventions.. but iSue don't thinks so....
8. cwinship (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I think this is a great idea...what i dont get is why they are showing everyone so early in its developement so that others can take their idea and create competition for them. they need to keep this under wraps so when they release it it will be groundbreaking. Or at least not release these videos and ideas so far away from the time that it comes out. Cant wait to try one out!!!
9. aahmed215 (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
They are showing it off now so that developers start getting interested and develop apps and such for the product. The iPhone was kept a secret and it took about a year for Apple to finally allow third party developers to make apps for it.
22. Brewski (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Also it can build hype for the product so people will want it when it comes out. If the average person can see what it does and all the fun people are having then it won't seem so foreign and 'space age' they can just accept it as normal and adopt it earlier.
Think about how long it took TVs and computers to become a household norm, if they can get it out in the public more people would be willing to try it.
People are afraid of the unknown.
27. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
They already have patents relating to the design and all interfaces the engineers can think of; if they dont already have the patent, chances are it is pending.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6983; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This have to be the sweetest video I've seen in a long time
11. sarb009 (Posts: 296; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Rotten fruit will or already have patented this concept in some way for sure. They are best in this class. iSue iSue only iSue no others sue only iSue.
12. tomato (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I can't wait to see someone having s3eee3x, and share the experience with google glass.
or maybe using sharing google glass view with some boys and go into public bath.
the world is surely be more interesting with google glass
13. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Amazing, just plain amazing.
This is what a true company do with their Money and TIME!!
Google is just an amazing company..WOW!
14. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Pink Visual Studio Porn interested in this glass, hahahaha
15. goesoer (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I think Google should add another camera on the left side, so it can capture 3D video,, it will be better, and looks crazy
16. flipjzn (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
This is pretty cool!
But pls fanboys do u really have to bring up the "iSue' crap.
Come on, u are just instigating fights. you guys are ruining your own party.
Prove me wrong.
17. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, I could have used when my daughter was born - and even now at 10 months.
THANK YOU GOOGLE FOR INNOVATING A PRODUCT. Perhaps a certain Cupertino company can take a hint from this.
18. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
as usually, china can easily clone technology. before next year china will produce that crap-glass with price below $100. believe me.
20. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yes, I believe it - and they will call it CRAP GLASS because for 100.00 it probably will be.
25. flipjzn (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
That's so true. Crap it will be for that price but who'd care? It's cheaper and for showing off while walking on the street (not the features just the 'looks') people will buy it. Just like beats headphones. U see them everywhere.
21. tlsmithsr (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
I see this hurting the film industry. Like someone can go to the movies and invite some friends to "hangout" and watch the movie with them..
23. rsiders (Posts: 409; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Wow now this is something that would interest me since we're having our first child this year. Great practical way to sell people on the technology cause at first I just thought it was dumb and not really useful for life. My opinion has changed.
28. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I know what would make this better. Lazers. Death lazers and lazers that can heat things up (tacos).
29. DonkeySauce (Posts: 174; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated