Google Glass Explorer Edition up for pre-order only for devs: $1,500, coming early 2013
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2012, 13:40 posted on
it's opening Glass Explorer Edition to pre-orders to select US-based developers at its I/O event. The Glass Explorer price is set at $1,500 and will ship in early 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Synack (Posts: 641; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Everyone at that event is getting a GNexus + Nexus 7 + Nexus Q. Holy jesus.
Know what that means?
We may have JB for GNexus within a couple days or so.
11. binerry (Posts: 69; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
People in the Apple universe are going to get confused by JB. Jailbreak / Jelly Bean..
12. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
People in the Apple universe are confused already.
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
To me $1500.00 for something that has never been done before is just bonkers. This looks to be the real deal. I mean I can think on a million things to do with the unit right now.
In the scheme of things $1500.00 dollars is really not that much & to think when it comes out it will be even cheaper. I am so excited about this, this is PURE innovation & the guys at Google X are modern day mad scientists! lol
20. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I have a stricter definition of innovation then most. Even I deem this as innovation as the possibilities of it are amazing.
Two concerns though:
Its high in price
Brain Cancer anyone?
My definition of innovation is a product that changes an industry or creates a new one and has new aspects to it.
Apple has done it three times with the ipod,ipad, and iphone. And now google has glass. Job well done. I think for a company to do one thing this is innovative is a huge accomplisment.
24. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 807; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
You mean the same product in different sizes? NOW THATS INNOVATION!
3. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
haha... to be honest these glasses look lame as hell...lol
i give props to jelly bean, nexus 7 and nexus Q but this glasses project is garbage...lol
they have to come up with a better way to design it...
4. Birds (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I like it. the design is thin and light looking, it seems like tech from 2020 not 2012-13.
7. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
u know what you're right... that explains why i dont like it... lol its waaaay before its time... maybe in a few years i'll be more accepting of it...
good concept but this isn't anything people will be using today...
5. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It always seems to be on the right eye, but what if you have a bad right eye or no right eye.
13. dmckay12 (Posts: 242; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Then they will probably make ones for those who are left eye dominant.
23. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?
9. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And...Secret service has placed order for all available pre-orders :)
10. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 346; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
nokia pure view failed after launch of google glasses.wp8 is far behind google's innovation.
17. Sniggly (Posts: 6490; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Okay, so how do I become a developer?
The price is a tad steep, but I expect it for a near prototype.
19. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
Just think of all the possibilities that these can have for people with disabilities. Deaf people will be able to see the words being spoken to them on their glasses. Crazy stuff. This is true innovation.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now this is great. time for me to start saving. kinda sucks that the DEV gets theirs early on pre order.
25. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
wow, this is a great leap on tech. way beyond any platform has ever made. Let's hope Project Glass/Augmented reality will be a big thing in 2013++. Hurray to Google!