Google Drive launching next week for desktop, Android and iOS
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2012, 15:15 posted on
We've heard this all before, but the news is making another loop. The fabled Google Drive has been known to exist for a while, and it was rumored to launch at the beginning of April, but now it seems like it will actually happen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's a shame that Google Drive will no doubt be better because i do like Dropbox. o:
2. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Each of them are slightly better (or different) at different things. There is no reason not to use all of them - Box, Dropbox, Gdrive... Each for a different task (online picture galleries, work documents, apps backup, music library...).
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
nahhh, i'm an efficiency freak and that means one service to rule them all for me. ;P
5. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like Google's move to bring all of their prodcuts together.
Same thing as they did with Google Play: G-music, G-market, G-"movies", and G-books all put together.
Here, I believe they are going to merge Gmail, Docs, Music, Picasa, and GPlus.
But 5GB is strange, for I'm getting like 10GB of the services right now for free... (7.7GB Gmail, 1GB Picasa, 1GB Docs, and "20,000" songs for Gmusic)
Am i wrong?
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2696; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'd assume that at the least Docs would be merged into that 5GB free storage, but I'm hoping that Photos will also be merged in so you can have your pics automatically sync locally if you want.
7. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
dont they automatically sync for free on your google plus account and not contribute to your storage cap?
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2696; Member since: 26 May 2011)
they do, but they get downgraded to 3MP.
11. Leo_MC (Posts: 885; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Lucky me, I also uploaded my pictures in Dropbox too...
8. jurkey (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Wouldn't it rip ya? Only installed drop box yesterday, it was the first time I'd ever been asked to go to drop box proceed with a transfer to my windows phone. Should be worth it's weight in gold when,[notice I said when] my GOOGLE NEXUS[?] tablet arrives.
10. kanagadeepan (Posts: 888; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I am using Dropbox for more than a year... It is good, especially with Android app and offline option (fav) for important files... I will wait and watch how GDrive is better than Dropbox...
13. Ed_Robbins (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Great job by Google and Android again. Would be very helpful to many of us. Meanwhile, I’ve come across some new tools which looks very interesting and handy, for collaboration.
One such tool is CollateBoxhttp://www.collatebox.com/ . Just registered with this one found their video looks neat..Eagerly waiting for this one.