Google Currents may be causing lag on Nexus 7 running Android 4.2
0. phoneArena 26 Nov 2012, 20:50 posted on
Some users have been complaining of pretty bad lag on their Nexus 7s ever since updating to Android 4.2, and there is an unofficial fix if this problem is happening with you. Apparently, some people are finding that the lag issue may be caused by Google Currents...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Then i don have ir cruz I do not like currents .... Man I'm lucky
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
whats google currents actually lol
20. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
An app used to gather up news into one place
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Its not that, I just don't like how it looks so I disable it, I like flipboard better
4. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
as i have said in my previous post... i had a great lag on nexus 4... i ditched iphone 5 .. but i am getting my iphone 5 back.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
how about just wait for an update or quick bug fix instead of loosing patients so quick? there are alot of other benefits that android has bro
9. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
yah have to do it.. coz if changing the phone... i have to pay more.. what the F dude.. its really annoying changing phones. But i like the way android provides open source. First time i am using android will wait this month and then decide what to do.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea man cuz you should know by now that things move pretty quick in terms of bug fixes......well not all the time but yea just wait it out and see how it goes :)
13. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
same here bro ....bought galaxy nexus 2 months back....switching back....i'm getting ip 4s again.....
18. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
You know..... It is very easy to code just for an icon board without proper features ;-)
5. yusufucuz (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I have the same problem with my nexus 7. It was much smoother before the update. I don`t understand it anyway. Updates should fasten devices usually. And Nexus 7 is a Quad core, high spec device. It is so disappointing.
7. guest (Posts: 97; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Had the problem before 4.2 because I had 3 google accounts. After I disabled background sync it was much better.
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
what the heck is google currents? s it some kind of storm! :P
12. Jodabro (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Awesome, and been so annoyed by this since the update. I major kudos to XDA, they have been there for me many times. It's working so far. I got instant results.
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sigh .. Google, what a way to f!ck things up.. -.-