Goodbye Flappy Bird: dev says he'll remove the game from Google Play and iOS App Store
0. phoneArena 08 Feb 2014, 14:46 posted on
The free, simple and hard-to-play Flappy Bird game will no longer be available to download, after amassing more than 50 million downloads. But its developer will continue to make games...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mishooo111 (Posts: 30; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
this may be the dumbest thing done by a mankind
10. Finalflash (Posts: 2547; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I can understand this, its probably the same as people who win the lottery (which he did). The guy probably has all sorts of vultures coming over pretending to be friendly to get a piece of the pie. Family members who didn't give a damn, friends who barely cared, neighbors and even unknown douchebags all coming in for handouts they know he has. How do you turn them down without them guilt tripping you to death? Poor obscenely rich guy...
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
He's a humble man, and wants to live in peace. I understand him, too.
26. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I've read some Vietnamese article saying the tax department in Vietnam is staring at his money, too.
Believe me, the government there ain't cool. The rules over taxes aren't clear. They're gonna bring him a lot of troubles especially if he continues with this game.
Peace is best, but probably he's already lost part of it.
27. likemorethan1 (Posts: 48; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
i'm vietnamese, and what you said is true. Our Goverment ain't cool. I MEANT IT
51. ilani (Posts: 85; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
That actually makes sense now! What doesn't make sense, is he could have just reprogrammed it to be ad-free. wouldn't that solve his tax problems?
must be something else....
33. intos (Posts: 89; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
even the deleporer has pissed off with this stupid bird
13. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Two sides to every story, I get that.
Leave the game up and book yourself a one-way ticket to the Bahamas, for crying out loud.
49. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 171; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
No, the government don't allow him to leave the country. And, IRS is chasing after him. (from #26 and #27)
39. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 58; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Perhaps the only second to how dumb this game is
41. blazee (Posts: 401; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Can he just give me the right to the game instead. Because I'm such a nice guy who is willing to take that terribly heavy burden of making 50,000 a day.
50. sbfalex (Posts: 29; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
before you call others stupid maybe you should take a crash course of basic english to help your disability in english proficiency and not embarrass yourself ever again publicly
2. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
He's gotten enough money, I guess. $50000 a day is already a heck lot in the US, but in Vietnam... Hmm. He's good for the rest of his life. :D (Edit: but well... it's kinda annoying when people around you know that you make $50,000 a day. Many people are like parasites. They're gonna juice you off. I guess that's why he can't take it anymore.)
I also want to add that the ads in Flappy Bird are no longer there. For now the game is ad free on my Mega and my sister's Note 3. The ads were still there like 3 hours ago.
4. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Opps they're back. I wonder why ads were off for like 2-3 hours. xD
5. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Didn't get it...
could someone tell me why he wants to remove it?
46. beochot (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
Well , it is really shameful to acknowledge that.But we are here in vietnam .He is being pressed by a lot of newspaper and on the net. Somes even saying that his game is trash or Somes even states he copies blah blah blah because of jealousy.You can see it by seeing the vote on the game (worldwide 4 stars but in vietnam only 1 star)
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Looks like WP fans never missed out on anything... Lol.
9. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
They did. It's already happened. It's more like they will not be missing out on anything. ;)
12. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
No... What they don't know won't hurt them.. Never missed anything...
Now, Instagram, Snapchat, or Vine? That would've been bad... But, as far as games go, WP fans have a lot to enjoy, and the synergy between WP getting games when iDroid gets them is drastically coming closer, and improving...
This is really no big deal...
Now, I will admit that it's sad that Candy Crush is missing on WP... A lot of WP fans are seriously missing out on that... Females most likely... But, apps and games are by far improving since 2013, and they don't show any sign of slowing down......
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol so this was your excuse for not getting Flappy Bird? You're getting good at twisting the truth like Steve Jobs and Obama did.
43. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I'm not making any excuses for not getting the app.. Where are you getting that from? And, why would I have to make an excuse for anything?? Im not Microkia.. Lol! WTF are you talking about? All I'm saying is that its no big deal.. Would I like to have seen this game come to WP? Of course I would, but life goes on... Seriously, why do you continue to make whatever point it is that you are trying to make?.. What are you hoping to accomplish? You've already reached max immaturity.. Your job is complete...
Making an excuse for WP not getting a app..... You're sad.
8. DKMDROID (Posts: 103; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Guessing alot of bigger companies are asking to sign him and possibly have him sell his game and the rights off to them either that or people just wanna know him for his money
14. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
I was reading about this earlier. He doesn't like any of the attention he's getting and he wants to be left alone. Maybe he should sell the rights to the game.
15. Tony4Life (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Feb 2014)
I'd be happy to take over maintenance of the app and send him a residual check for an amount he's comfortable with or donate a portion to the charity of his choice. It sounds like people want to keep the app and see it supported and improved over time. It would be a shame to see this game go if it makes to many people happy playing it..
16. hassoups (Posts: 470; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Or he wants to force people into not uninstalling the app because that way they couldn't get it back and well he'll still be getting 50k/day
17. apple4never (Posts: 1060; Member since: 08 May 2013)
if we didn't delete the app will we still be able to use it? or will it force us to delete it? my high score is 536 btw ;)
18. tigermcm (Posts: 849; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
Ppl keep saying he ripped some stuff from mario like the pipes thats why he's taking it down
19. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1970; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Well, that sucks for iOS and Android users who liked the game. It doesn't suck for WP fans, because unless you have the 1520, gaming blows on WP. If you do have the 1520, well, other than the exclusive Halo game, you have a garbage marketplace that has a bunch of trash and very few games in it.
25. apple4never (Posts: 1060; Member since: 08 May 2013)
what the hell does that have to do with anything?
36. thephonedude (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
So tell me, how relatable is your biased bashing on Windows Phone's Apps store, has anything to do with Flappy Bird's removal? It's obvious that's just a blatant insult and bashing on WP, and yes. We sense strong hatred in you, young padawan.
44. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
When was the last time you checked the WP store for good games?
20. Dizzysit (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
Something flappy about this. Perhaps by announcing this to the world, people would "flock" in huge number and download the game. Then after the surge, he'd have a change of heart.
22. roscuthiii (Posts: 2027; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Exactly... If the guy didn't want attention as he says then he should probably just wander quietly off into the sunset after selling the rights to his game(s) to someone else.
Yet, he's not selling and he's still going to make games. (Does he not realize he could have another smash hit like Flappy Birds? Or even worse seemingly by his logic, an even bigger hit?)
This smells like when a store has a "going out of business" sale but are still there when the smoke clears.
24. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
But there is a possibility that he might be trolling
28. johnehms09 (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
He only wants to promote his website..no one see that commin, Thats it, now flappy bird is famous let his other games to.. If he cant take it anymore use your 50m per day to other country like US..simple.. Hello 50M per day and keep staying on your place that you dont like anymore..
31. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
After several days...
Dong Nguyen @dongatory
I will bring back Flappy Bird because of massive amount of requests. I cannot take this anymore.
32. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I request all my fellow WP users and fans on the site to not react to the trolls who have or will comment on this article. Please lets make an effort from our side to not spoil another article with hatred and arguements.
37. joey_sfb (Posts: 4977; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Is this the game that suppose to get ported to WP8 in 3 days? Well tough luck then. Lol!
34. NE_BE (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
At least it will stay in the purchased list.
This will be one of these things you one day show to your kids and say:
"At one point the whole world was playing this"
No words will ever be able to explain.
40. apple4never (Posts: 1060; Member since: 08 May 2013)
imagine being the dev, telling his kids that the whole world was playing HIS game
35. thephonedude (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Extracted the APK.
~LONG LIVE FLAPPY BIRD FOR ME~
42. Doakie (Posts: 1791; Member since: 06 May 2009)
wllt57ymcbj/Flappy%20Bird-com.dotgears.flappybird-4-v1.3.apkIf you ever have to reinstall this game here's a link to the apk stored on my Dropbox.
47. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Will he still be getting $50,000 Dollars a day? If not, why would he do such a thing?????