Golden Samsung Z caught in the wild
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2014, 16:01 posted on
Samsung's Tizen OS-based Z smartphone should be available in select markets starting this quarter. Besides gold, a black version will also be sold...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jinto (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
If only the s5 looked like this, people would say it had premium design
WTF sammy, you waste this design on a midranger
11. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It also resembles the S2
17. amats69 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nothing special on the design...still looks cheap..
2. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Maybe it's the angle but it seems thicker than most SS phones
21. AfterShock (Posts: 2984; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It does to me as well.
Not sure why you're getting here for that.
22. AfterShock (Posts: 2984; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Disregard my second sentence, I thought someone else was replying to your post.
23. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I was pretty confused by that second sentence :-)
37. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
The early L series was copying galaxy s2 design.. You know nothing troll..
39. smallworld (Posts: 439; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
No no no. Look closely at past L series phones and the Prada 3. Samsung really copied their design. Specially the front, the sides and the back. I'm not a troll. And this phone looks more like an lg phone than the S2. The only thing the L series took from the S2 was the home button. Apart from that the design was totally different.
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
To me it still looks cheap just this time more shiny.
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But if you look closely, I'm assuming it has metal or aluminium sides?
We can't see the back, but surely it has a removable cover, which also could be in metal or aluminium?
15. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Always plastic that looks like metal.
24. pwnarena (Posts: 977; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
with the news about exynos melting their devices, i think they just want to avoid having devices that can double as a flat iron
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"But if you look closely, I'm assuming it has metal or aluminium sides?"
I say that it looks cheap not because I think that phone body is made of plastic. Samsung really should do something to improve visual design.
29. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Like Billgates said, the S4 and Note3 have plastic rims, that looks like metal.
I really liked the design of the S2 and Galaxy F, is ok.
20. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
For you only the cheap aluminium looks "premium" iboy.
(hiding behind this avatar, don't help you much)
40. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Of course he is iboy.
Don't be naive. He just made "android user" account just to bash Samsung freely.
And he is not alone. LOL
7. gigaraga (Posts: 1381; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
That definitely looks really nice. The stitching plus the golden look. Brilliant!
8. buccob (Posts: 1566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Am I the only one around here who really hates golden looking phones?
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I also don't like golden looking phones.
35. Krjal (Posts: 73; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
Ugh, no. These gold phones should stop. I can't stand them.
9. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Ewww that is possibly the most hideous thing I've glanced at this year x
14. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You have a bad choice. Which others find ok, but to you ugly.
I wonder what is nice and sexy stylish to you?
10. AfterShock (Posts: 2984; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Clean looking OS, Wtf?
Not laden with a heavy GUI.
Plus this looks decent'ish, even if it STILL has a front facing hardware button.
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Why the cover on the phone for?
18. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Samsung is loosing a lot of respect with all these crap phones they are releasing.
19. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I really hope Galaxy Note 4 changes how you talk.
25. willard12 (Posts: 887; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Funnyguy loses a lot of respect by not knowing the difference between "loose" and "lose."
31. AfterShock (Posts: 2984; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Like becoming loose from wear,
and losing that new feeling?
See if that ingrains.
36. marcski07 (Posts: 567; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
now this is a good looking phone, besides the note, why they can't do it to their every godd*mn phones? make your every phone unique not look-a-likes, like galaxy, that's why note and this are the one who are beautiful, because they are unique than the line of galaxy and their low end midrange phones!
38. Loubielou (Posts: 259; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Why?wasn"t the Galaxy S5 designed like this,with the Leather battery cover an Metal Rim,Samsung now will be kicking themselves after the Sales of the S5 are not as they were Expecting,but the Galaxy S5 is just a Plain Smartphone with Superb Features,Why?didn"t Samsung make the S5 Look Outstanding its to Attract Buyers