Gold iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 leak out, there will be bling for all
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2013, 06:56 posted on
Come in, bling lovers, we have Space Gray iPad 5, Gold iPad 5, Space Gray iPad mini 2 and Gold iPad mini 2! This might not be exactly how Tim Cook and the gang will announce the new iPads next week, but it could be pretty close...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
29. DaHarder (Posts: 154; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
... Tacky Looking.
There... I finished it for you.
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3951; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Eh, it's looks like the gold is too deep, not like the light champagne color of the 5S. Seems kind of tasteless to me. Definitely going for the silver if Apple can't prove they did a good job anodizing the grey one. I don't want chips in the paint like the iPhone 5 had when it first came out.
4. tech2 (Posts: 1919; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
At first sight I thought so too but I think the camera/lighting is too blame for that.
If you look at the 3rd picture even the paper appears to be gold which isn't obviously true. There appears to be some sort of golden present in the pictures taken which makes the golden colour appear very deep. IMO
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3951; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, the lighting does add a lot more color to the pictures. In this article it looks much better, but still a little too deep for my liking;
I really like how Apple did it with the 5S. It looks basically like silver if you aren't looking at it from 5 feet away; it's very subtle and really only makes the user appreciate the color.
7. illusionmist (Posts: 99; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
There's just no reason the gold would look different from 5s. If you like it on the iPhone, you'll like it on the iPad.
11. Finalflash (Posts: 1594; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Not necessarily, seeing as the iPad mini was so much darker colored (metal) than the regular iPads, the Gold color could also be more pronounced in these new iPads. The camera does seem to add coloring to it, but even when the iPhone 5s is photographed, it never comes this close to Gold gold.
6. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
naw i'll pass... give me the regular silver finish without the delay til next year and we'll be fine.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 10569; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yesssssssssss!!! Can't wait to get two of em.
12. Smokin (Posts: 120; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
It's ugly. I prefer the champagne color of i5s. It's gorgeous.
14. promise7 (Posts: 356; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I think that's a bit too much "gold." The 5s had a better balance with the white glass on the back without a over powering look.
16. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Ooooooh honey chilez, that gold is just perfect for us girls - I can't wait to accessorize. I'ma have my gold purse and my gold shoes with my gold iPad - oooooh, and gold ribbons in my pigtails. Gold, child, GOLD!!! L○○K OUT!
18. Commentator (Posts: 2348; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Imagining Dorothy saying "ooooooh honey chilez" and "I'ma have my gold purse" just made my day.
(Fun fact: PhoneArena's spell-check considers "I'ma" an actual word.)
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 10569; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Made mine too, especially since I know why he's doing it.
21. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I aint worried bout you - can't wait to go to church in gold with my gold iPad - 'Im read' to GO, you know thats right!!'
22. Topcat488 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Why do you need so much gold to go to church? Helping out the poor, or showing off to them... Hmmmm.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 10569; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This is his stage. He speaks Ebonically to offend the African American users. It's so he doesn't get banned for racist comments. Pretty stupid, but smart as far as avoiding a ban.
28. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
What you said bout Electronically??
31. Topcat488 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Well, shoot i thought that crazy talking b!tch sounded like "honey Boo Boo" myself.
26. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I do helps out the po folk - but please stay on topic, this here story is about the Gold iPad. I just loves me gold anything chilez and I don't mind if my pad is gold, my heels is gold or I got on gold lipstick. This is what I been waiting for. I'ma go to the beauty parlor and have them redo my braids - fo' real!! I has to thank Apple for this. And, don't gets me wrong, I help with the hungry people at the church shelter but, at the end of da' day, it's all about how this chick can skip down a yellowbrick road.
24. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
bwahaha that Dorothy dude is straight clownin... too funny!!!
27. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Talk to the hand my brotha' cuz I aint feelin you. I might get me the regular size and the mini - holla'!!
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 10569; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
g2g I want the mini, but I hope it's more like the gold 5S color, retina, A7, and 32 gigs. My wife wants 9.7, my iPad 3 is cool for a larger size. I really want the mini 2
17. Commentator (Posts: 2348; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Too much gold. If they made an all-black version with gold trim around the home-button and camera, and a gold Apple logo, I'd go for it.
32. binary-os (unregistered)
I will stick with a black or white iPad gold just wouldn't be proper. hmmmmph!