Gold casing and other parts leak for the Apple iPhone 5S
0. phoneArena 16 Aug 2013, 18:56 posted on
On Thursday night, we passed along some more speculation about the next Apple iPhone that came from well-connected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI; recently, we told you that Kuo expects the next iPhone to include a fingerprint scanner in the home button. Yesterday, Kuo mentioned that we could see an Apple iPhone 5S loaded with 128GB of native storage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I have a feeling people are going to really like this gold version because it makes the handset look more premium. Women in general.
9. akki20892 (Posts: 2639; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Just think if this gold iPhone got scratch.
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5276; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Somehow, I suspect the case scratch issue is going to return with the gold cases.
16. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
lol ! covering sh!t things with gold ..
Next ==> Gold charger, Gold Earpiece and Gold Usb Cable.
21. promise7 (Posts: 223; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
well then it will go great w/ ios 7 which looks like a little girl themed it.
22. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Oh I see!, so apple is targeting Gold business also.. Pity the can't save their company from falling so they innovate and put their business into gold and jewelry firm.
2. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 270; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
I agree with nr.1 that this is a woman smartphone. Smart move by Apple as women also usually don't care so much about specs but rather about the design (of course there are exceptions). I am curious about the detailed specs of the device as I might go for it. But I certainly won't by a golden one, lol :). I am chasing the white one.
4. TNesmith (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 May 2013)
I agree with the iWomanPhone. On top of that this phone is shouting at the top of its lungs, "STEAL ME!." Isn't the iPhone already the top stolen smartphone as it is? Now it's f**king GOLD?... I don't know... It'll sell like crazy though....
7. Credo (Posts: 677; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Lol also the top 'lose it toy' ... how many times i have found iPhones at party's, yes found lol
5. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 165; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I am pretty sure that men will also be attracted to a gold phone. It's not a gender specific color. Besides, I would think the targeted demographic for a gold phone would be those who want to give the impression of affluence. This will probably be most popular with teens, rappers, athletes, etc ... Not like it is going to be real gold or anything unless there is a Dulce and Gabana version.
6. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 597; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I, personally, may send my personal concierge out to procure a gold iPhone so as to enhance my "baller" status.
I'm kidding. Mine will just be the black version.
10. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I can imagine wannabe gangster white middle schoolers with rich parents bragging about their $W4GG!N gold IPhone bling.
26. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 165; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
White looks nicer anyways. It's a pretty solid choice if that color is offered for whatever phone you want.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5632; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's one very EXPENSIVE phone/case
14. TidusWulf (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
reminds me of the Dolce and Gabanna Razer flip phone from back in the day
15. suneeboy (Posts: 149; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
If it looks the same as the iPhone 5, the gold colorway will sell the most because it will immediately tell others that you have the iPhone 5S and not the 5.
20. stealthd (Posts: 863; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
This just seems fake. Gold doesn't seem to fit Apple's usual style.
23. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1433; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol same chitty design... same fail... lol atlease now, itll be worth something
24. Jklaz (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I can already see my friends bragging about their innovative gold color
25. garz_pa (Posts: 152; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I wonder if they made changes that could make its battery last more than it currently could? If not, then this is pretty ridiculous. Prioritizing luxury over usability.
Well, what do I care? This is obviously aimed for the 1%.