Gold Apple iPhone 5s goes for $10,100 on eBay
0. phoneArena 23 Sep 2013, 16:37 posted on
Most people interested in the Apple iPhone 5s realize that the gold and silver models are not made of real gold or silver, right? Well then, it must be the lack of availability of the device that led someone to pay a whopping (and we do mean whopping) $10,100 to buy an unlocked gold Apple iPhone 5s on an eBay auction when the unlocked model purchased is going for $649 when in stock...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. NexusPhan (Posts: 320; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
He won't. They are just trolling whomever decided to buy 3 new iPhones. That's ebay for you.
6. reckless562 (Posts: 545; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
lol complete genius to fool the isheep LMAO!!!
8. a_merryman (Posts: 546; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
If you read, or looked at the picture, you would have noticed that the person who sold it for $10k only sold the one 16GB unlocked in that auction. He may have more, I dont know...but the person who was selling 3 was a different person entirely.
You are right about him probably not getting paid though.
20. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
iPhone with real gold is sold for less than $5k...now if someone pay $10K for something that is not even real gold...all I can say is...biggest ever i$h33p
3. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
This is a TRUE story, however, it was omitted that the iPhone was put up for auction by Apple's Marketing Team and paid for by Apple's Marketing Team. Sadly, the purchase isn't covered by eBay's Protection Policy or iPayPal.
4. paulyyd (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
And you can prove this? Do you have any sources?
13. Sauce (Posts: 1073; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
He just made that up to fill that deep void of insecurity and hate.
24. Slammer (Posts: 817; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I'm curious to know if YOU would've paid 10k for the same phone. Somehow through all the Apple hype you seem to muster, I still think you are much smarter than this person to pay that much.
No offense, but this is why us anti-Apple people see things differently. This person is a complete moron.
17. Finalflash (Posts: 1133; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think he's being sarcastic and almost artistic in his trolling.
22. weinerslav (Posts: 121; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Sadly, you don't have sense of humor... If only apple was selling it!
And I thought the void and insecure people were the ones glorifying phones (and objects) as proof of their own superiority... I guess I got it wrong LOL
19. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, I consulted with the master resource of all: eBay for iDummies (Special Rainbow Edition). Available at all Starbucks Worldwide (Wi-Fi Not Included) and at participating rAinbow BriTe stores nationwide.
7. reckless562 (Posts: 545; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
man what a DUMB ASS good lord!!! thats how u KNOW iphone users are dumb in the head!!! what more proof do u need??? serioisly??? anyone??? thought so
9. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
So.......you think all iPhone users are dumb because of some dude with money to burn?
You sound pretty dumb
11. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
he's just butthurt because no one will ever buy an android device (even if it were 16 core, 41 mp, bla bla bla) for that price...
16. willard12 (Posts: 549; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
So, you're saying no android user is that dumb. Got it.
29. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
nope, clearly butthurt... if some android device sold at that price, you won't call it dumb... but since none could reach that point, the only way you can defend your laggy droid is by calling others dumb...
25. Slammer (Posts: 817; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
You're right! Most Android users(80% of the world marketshare), realize we have other priorities rather than blowing money needlessly on a phone.
I'm mean, really here.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6623; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is worse than what this guy in Chicago sold it for last year.
Same guy sold a Gold 16GB AT&T model for $1,600...
12. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
This article needs an update fast. The sold gold iPhone on eBay was cancelled due to it being a nigerian buyer that was using a fake eBay account.
Apple will do anything to boost it sales. And fools will always fall for it.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
You have to be a idiot to pay 10g's for a golden iphone.
23. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Just as I was beginning to think Samsung fanatics were approaching the maniacal level of Apple's clan, it has become clear that Apple continues to dominate the moronic fan base.
27. Vireak (unregistered)
There is vanity and stupidity in all of us.
28. JMartin22 (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
This stupid story kind of reminds me of the article about a lady who thought she was getting an Apple iPad from Craigslist; after paying $800, she opens the box and gets 2 Apples.