Gold Apple iPhone 5s gets teardown treatment from iFixit
0. phoneArena 19 Sep 2013, 22:05 posted on
The team at iFixit got their hands on a gold Apple iPhone 5s and did their usual teardown of the device; opening up the phone, the innards are similar to those of the Apple iPhone 5 except for the cable connecting the fingerprint sensor to the Lightning port assembly and a missing pull-out tab for the battery which was seen on the predecessor model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've read reports of 2 gigs of RAM. Ifixit is this correct?
6. Commentator (Posts: 2291; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Google search "iPhone 5s RAM." Every article reports that it has 1GB. Here's to that 1%!
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've read both. I wonder why I fixit didn't reveal it.
12. Finalflash (Posts: 1414; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is likely still 1GB, there was no mention of it from Apple and last I checked, it was cost cutting time at Apple. So don't get your hopes up. Also, Apple doesn't up the ram on the "S" iteration of their phones (only on the 3gs but that was a long time ago and technically that wasn't an "S" iteration step for Apple since 2 went to 3).
9. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
dude wtf is 2 gigs? it is 2GB not gigs smh
11. lucky13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
gigs is a street term for GB ,,,move with the times dude ..
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yo bud, on step 15 of ifixit (step 15 of 20) it say that it's likely 1 GB of RAM.
But then again "likely", isn't definitely.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Alan, Sir...what's with the 'golden' headline??
Obviously iFixit reviewed a normal iPhone 5S.
Should i expect another tear-down article for the normal iPhone 5S? Cause you, i and everyone know it's the same thing except for the color.
"Apple iPhone 5S gets teardown treatment..." would sound and look much better.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sensible writing...headline, the most important.
For some, just this headline will raise doubts about the golden version...of either superiority or inferiority compared to the rest.
13. jacko1977 (Posts: 382; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
iphone_5s-5685.phpreported as 1gb ram